Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NewSc2

macrumors 65816
Jun 4, 2005
New York, NY
I like it, but I'm trying to figure out the correct way to hold the iPad with the case on. I've kind of defaulted to leaving it in "stand" form and holding it like a binder. Easier to pick up, set down, use on a table, etc.

tobyringle

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2008
After visiting 2 Best Buys, I finally located an iPad case at the Apple Store. I actually like the case a lot. It has a very slim profile and the iPad fits very snug. I wouldn't bother buying a dock, as you can't use it while the iPad is in the case. You will really like the option of folding the front cover over to elevate the iPad as you type.

azboricua

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2009
Arizona
After visiting 2 Best Buys, I finally located an iPad case at the Apple Store. I actually like the case a lot. It has a very slim profile and the iPad fits very snug. I wouldn't bother buying a dock, as you can't use it while the iPad is in the case. You will really like the option of folding the front cover over to elevate the iPad as you type.

I walked into best buy to buy the case and made the mistake of asking one of the workers stationed in the apple section. He looked smart until he opened his mouth and said, "There is not an Apple branded case for the iPad" /facepalm

Apples biggest mistake was having the stupid Best Buy employees touch their products. Those guys barely know their head from their a$$. Lol!

To answer your question, yes, the case is well worth the money. Mine would not get here until Tuesday so I ran to my local apple store to get one. My iPad spent 30 seconds naked and that felt like too long.

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
I was very surprised by how thin the package was. I'm thankful I bought one because I got Steve Wozniak to sign mine, and the case is protecting his signature from dust, dirt, etc.

azboricua

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2009
Arizona
anyone figure out the reason behind the extra flap of material?

Yes, you tuck it in to lock the iPad in place. Put the iPad in and then tuck it in under the iPad. Look up some you tube videos that review it, it will show you how to do it.

MobyIck

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2003
Did anyone get the apple case? Is it worth it?

Personally I dislike the apple case. I hate the sharp edges. If they could just smooth the sides out so that it was more comfortable to grip, it would be perfect.

h00ligan

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2003
London
I like it, but I'm trying to figure out the correct way to hold the iPad with the case on. I've kind of defaulted to leaving it in "stand" form and holding it like a binder. Easier to pick up, set down, use on a table, etc.

That's how I am doing it too. Not sure about the apple case. We will see what else is out soon.

sonictonic

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2006
San Jose, California
I got same one, its sweet, works perfect

That incase is kinda pricey IMO but looks nice. Is it really great? Quality wise? How it feels? Does it stand up like the Apple case does both orientations?

I'm trying to decide if I should order it right now since the Apple case is backordered a bit...

Ctrl2k

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2007
I kind of hated it at first. It obscures the pretty aluminum case for one, has sharp edges for two. And at first the "cover" seems to get in the way.

But over time you realize it's easier to grip than the glass/metal combo of a naked iPad, and the "stand" functionality works very well. That functionality also lets you hold the thing like a binder to get a better grip.

All in all, it's a decent case. It definitely does not fit in the iPad dock though, so don't buy both.

jster25

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2008
Did anyone here keep the original plastic on when using the case or is it just me?! lol kinda scared of having smudges and I'll probably keep it on till I get an iPad screen protector.

ozziegn

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2007
Central FL Area
I got the Apple case and it looks nice. I'm still trying to find something as nice but cheaper on eBay. Hopefully I can find something before my return period is over on the case. If not then it won't be no big deal.

psychonaut

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008
That incase is kinda pricey IMO but looks nice. Is it really great? Quality wise? How it feels? Does it stand up like the Apple case does both orientations?

I'm trying to decide if I should order it right now since the Apple case is backordered a bit...

Yeah the incase one is expensive but after looking at them both in the apple store today i still went with it.

The incase adds some bulk where the apple brand really does not however the incase feels good in hand and can be held like a binder or stand with three different adjustment levels. Overall i think it was worth it for me since i like the multiple stand angles for typing on my lap or viewing videos.

h00ligan

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2003
London
The incase one was sold out at the best buy close to me. They still had 30 ipads and 10 apple cases. I actually wonder if they sold out of ipads today. They had over 60 at open.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.