Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Apr 3, 2010, 10:29 PM   #1
f00f
macrumors 6502a

DFU mode

Just for the sake of experimentation* I put the iPad into DFU mode to do a clean install of OS 3.2 which for the record is 456.8MB. Just good to know that DFU/recovery mode works basically the same as iPhone/Touch.

f00f

*Also had a bit of a brainfart and forgot my passcode (which is required by my employer's Exchange policy). The failed passcode attempts were leading up to data wipage (also an Exchange policy) so I figured I'd just do a DFU recovery. It's in the process of installing now and gotta say it goes pretty quick compared to my iPhone 3G!
Old Apr 3, 2010, 10:49 PM   #2
FWW
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to FWW Send a message via Yahoo to FWW
Quote:
Originally Posted by f00f View Post
Just for the sake of experimentation* I put the iPad into DFU mode to do a clean install of OS 3.2 which for the record is 456.8MB. Just good to know that DFU/recovery mode works basically the same as iPhone/Touch.

f00f

*Also had a bit of a brainfart and forgot my passcode (which is required by my employer's Exchange policy). The failed passcode attempts were leading up to data wipage (also an Exchange policy) so I figured I'd just do a DFU recovery. It's in the process of installing now and gotta say it goes pretty quick compared to my iPhone 3G!
If the OS is only 456MB why the heck did my 16GB only have 13GB free on first sync before adding any content... Thats weird...

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad