Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 13, 2007
NH
Really wish Apple had not left out the basic Weather and Stock apps from the iPhone.

Anyone know of a good weather app that acts like the iPhone built in app does? Just basic.....temp and forecast. I've downloaded a bunch of the free apps, but they are all way more than I need to just get the temp.

The best thing about the iPhone app is it's quick.....I don't want to wait to just get the temp and tomorrow's high.

Stocks app was nice as well.

Here's hoping Apple gets to these in 4.0?

-Kevin

markosb

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2010
Search the Weather Channel Max... its free for the iPad and is alot better than the anemic program that comes with the ipod and iphone.

greenlander

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2007
WC Max is far superior to the iPhone native weather app (the forecasts on that thing are atrocious) and can be pretty darn minimalist if you want it. Very nice app.

Download Bloomberg for stocks, also superior to native iPhone app.

zub3qin

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007
WC Max is far superior to the iPhone native weather app (the forecasts on that thing are atrocious) and can be pretty darn minimalist if you want it. Very nice app.

Download Bloomberg for stocks, also superior to native iPhone app.

Bloomberg is good. Accuweather is free and better than weather channel.

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 13, 2007
NH
Don't get me wrong....the current weather apps are good. I have Weatherbug, Weather channel, and Accuweather. They all look great and provide tons of info.

Problem is most times I don't want/need all the info. Often I'm just looking for the current temp and the low/high. Basic quick info.

-Kevin

Abyssgh0st

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2009
Colorado
Personally I'm happy they did not include these apps. This gives developers a chance to duke it out for having the best app for weather and stocks, instead of Apple having stock applications giving little reason to download anything else.

illutionz

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2007
Rhode Island
Don't get me wrong....the current weather apps are good. I have Weatherbug, Weather channel, and Accuweather. They all look great and provide tons of info.

Problem is most times I don't want/need all the info. Often I'm just looking for the current temp and the low/high. Basic quick info.

-Kevin

If you only want the barebone basic Weather app yet beautiful looking, try Weather HD... 99 cents. It has current temp, high, low, humidity, and wind.... with some forecast and beautiful beautiful animated background of the current weather

As far as Stocks application goes, I've been using Bloomberg in iPhone since it first came out and moved the Stocks app to the last page where all the useless app goes :D Their iPad version is equally fantastic

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
WC is painfully slow upon launch. At least Weatherbug loads quickly.....

And where's the calculator app? Why did they not include that one?:confused:

CoreyMac

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2008
Weather HD is my app of choice for basic quick info like the original iPhone app.....yet this has beautiful animations to go with it. The App is 99 cents.

I use NASDAQ OMX for my Stocks. I like the look of it and color scheme more than Bloomberg.....plus I like the actual company logos on each stock, nice touch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.