Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

woodekm

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Does anyone have a or know of a good on-line poker app?

I LOVE Poker stars . com (on my laptop) but it seems I cant play it on my iPad (flash possibly?).

A search of the few poker apps, reveal some ok ones (of course free - because I dont want to pay for something that may SUCK, without actual opinions).

I wish pokerstars had an app. I LOVE that site.

Thanks!!!

davelanger

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2009
dont get any of the zunga ones, those are all crap.
They dont even work right. I have won hands before and it said I lost.
It freezes a lot and you lose your money, plus one of my friend had $1m in chips, and logged in one day and they were all gone.

woodekm

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
dont get any of the zunga ones, those are all crap.
They dont even work right. I have won hands before and it said I lost.
It freezes a lot and you lose your money, plus one of my friend had $1m in chips, and logged in one day and they were all gone.

Yea. I hate when apps are crap. Im not even playing real $$ (but the option may be nice). I Just LOVE playing poker, and being able to play on the iPad would be SOooo nice.

I also hate playing sites where everyone goes "all in" every hand. Man, I hate that. Thats NO way to learn/play.

vinneybrowne

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2011
A couple of poker options have become available for iPhone and iPad owners. Bwin.com have managed to get an app approved by Apple. At the moment you can only download the app if you are in the united kingdom or austria.

According to www.pokerroomcompare.com/iphonepoker/ Titan Poker and Bet365 will also be releasing a real money poker app soon.

Still no sign of Pokerstars joining the mobile poker party. Full Tilt have an app but so far it is only for Android.

pmagoo

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2010
How that the FBI had shut down Full Tilt Poker, PokerStars and UB.com I think the chances of them releasing an iPhone app in the near future is looking pretty slim now. Looks like they're going to have their hands full trying to stay out of jail.

I think even if PokerStars or Full Tilt poker release a poker app now similar to the Bwin iPhone poker app it probably wouldn't be approved given the face that these companies have been indicted.

That means that Bwin looks to be the best option for real money poker on the web. www.iphonepokerapps.co.uk are reporting that the bwin app will be rolled out accross Europe over the next few months. Anyone have anymore information on this? I'm based in the Republic of Ireland.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.