Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Apr 4, 2010, 08:08 PM   #1
LadyHoneyBabe
macrumors 6502

Question Using a Stylus?

Is anyone using a stylus with their iPad? I was thinking it might be useful. I saw the pogo sketch; are there other brands big enough for the iPad?
LadyHoneyBabe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2010, 08:12 PM   #2
SchneiderMan
macrumors 604

Nope, don't see a use for it as it would ruin my experience. But it would be useful if you are planning to use it to draw stuff.
Old Apr 4, 2010, 08:20 PM   #3
sactownbwoy
macrumors regular

I too am curious about that. Why do people keep saying a stylus is pointless. For not taking it would be ideal or drawing as some people want to do. I prefer writing notes not typing them.

I plan to use mine for notetaking during meeting and stuff. I ordered the pogo stylus.
Old Apr 4, 2010, 08:42 PM   #4
TraceyS/FL
macrumors 68040

We have a Pogo - but the da kid hasn't bought the Sketchbook app yet to play with it.

She is sitting on $60 in iTunes cards now that Easter is over... and being VERY stingy with them. Which is good at this point in the update the apps we already have area.

But i know it's on her list - there is a 20% off coupon for TenOne if you buy PadNotes.
TraceyS/FL is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2010, 08:48 PM   #5
LadyHoneyBabe
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceyS/FL View Post
We have a Pogo - but the da kid hasn't bought the Sketchbook app yet to play with it.

She is sitting on $60 in iTunes cards now that Easter is over... and being VERY stingy with them. Which is good at this point in the update the apps we already have area.

But i know it's on her list - there is a 20% off coupon for TenOne if you buy PadNotes.
Thank you. I'll check it out.
LadyHoneyBabe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2010, 08:53 PM   #6
Nausicaa
macrumors 6502

The Pogo Sketch is the best stylus option out there right now. It's quite good for drawing, but I think you'll be disappointed at its accuracy for notes. The screen just isn't accurate enough to register the detail of handwriting. Granted, this is based on the iPhone, it will be slightly better on the larger screen, but writing anything more than large, short notes will be near impossible.
Nausicaa is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories