Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Woz Beard

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 7, 2008
USA
I was wondering if you can use the Apple dock while using the Incase cover. I'm assuming you can't, hence the free stand, but I just wanted to be sure.

In regards to the stand, is it sturdy? Can you prop it in both landscape and portrait views?

Any help and small reviews would be greatly appreciated!!!

:apple:

cobaltrich27

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2009
D/FW TX
What model incase?

Hey I was trying to find a iPad case today and now glad I didn't.

I was looking at the incase website they have some good looking rubber cases.

What model are you looking at?

I didn't notice a stand man I'm going to look there now thanks.

Edit: Hey that's cool the grip version shows a pic of it. The features list for both covers say it's included. Looks like grip version may only sit in landscape?

Woz Beard

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 7, 2008
USA
I was looking at the $40 Cover. It's rubber and includes a flimsy stand.

I wanted to see if the stand is usable.

Timo_Existencia

Contributor
Jan 2, 2002
The stand seems more like a thrown in gimmick than a serious accessory for the iPad. It works, but is flimsy and likely not too stable.

As for the covers…I tried both incase rubber covers and was surprised that I didn't,t like them. They both add significant weight to the iPad and both add bulk to it. Surprisingly, the material they use is slippery, not grippy, and the edges on the front of the pad pull away easily from the device.

I'm hopeful to find a very slim cover that improves grip, provides a bit of protection from dings, and doesn't add heft to the iPad.

The incase covers don't fit this.

I did, however, buy the overpriced incase neoprene slip cover, just because I needed something. I view it as a temporary solution.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.