Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnmoorejohn

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2010
ModNote: Yes, yes, the "going naked" threads were funny the first four hundred times after it started with the iPhone and iPod touch. No enough. No more new threads about this topic and the iPad; just use this one. Thank you for your understanding. --mkrishnan

I just took my iPad out of the case and it seems so much lighter. I might take it out if I know I will be on it for awhile.

It seems like without the case it is easier to hold and balance.

Anyone else going completely naked?

Millertime660

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2009
I'm gonna go caseless for a while, just went and bought a belkin 10.2 inch net book zipper case for 17 bucks at best buy. It fits perfect

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
What case are you using?

I have the apple one and find it fine.

Will keep it that way

bossxii

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2008
Kansas City
It's been naked since I took it out of the box and will remain that way. I have yet to find a case that I like. The only time it will go in a "carrying" type bag, will be in a slot inside a leather portfolio I carry for work. I hate the cheesy rubber and pleather cases that just make it more bulky and imo more difficult to handle.

My iPhone 3GS can be a bit "slick" at times, but I've not had it in expect for about a 2 week period testing out a battery case, but simply dislike the bulk and feel of any case.

Naked rules! :p

sl1200mk2

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2006
I go naked on my iphone but oddly enough I want a book style case for the iPad. I really like the idea of the stand the incase on offers. Who knows, maybe I'll go naked again or with a really thin feather type case.

ipoddin

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
Los Angeles
I like the "naked" look and feel, but the easel really makes surfing on the couch, or typing on the desk so much better. Plus it's nice when propping up to watch a video.

bluehaze013

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2007
I like it without a case but it can be pretty slippery to hold so I'm looking forward to using it with the apple case it's nice and seems to keep the sleek effect of the iPad intact. Around the house I will use it without a case but out and about i will use it with the apple case so it has some protection. To afraid of dropping it outside on the concrete.

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
The Apple case makes a big difference, I'm planning on keeping it in there pretty much permanently. Easier and safer to hold, more flexible to use (locking angles), and hardly adds any size or weight.

citi

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2006
Simi Valley, CA
I get my Apple case tomorrow so i will know then. My tumi bag seems like it was made for the iPad and I'm kinda worried that it Will no longer fit with a case.

Fingers crossed.

krnboy503

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2008
I ordered a anti glare screen protector on ebay and a full body bestskinsever for a good price. I'll save the screen shield and only install the back.

Ive been using my incase neoprene plus green and love it.

gwynne

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2010
The Apple case weighs mere ounces. It's making me rethink the idea of getting anything any bulkier.

bsblvnv

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2010
Las Vegas
Like Steve said this is a magical device when you hold it in your hands. So I do not plan on ever getting a case for it. If I need to take it somewhere I can slip it in my backpack and be on my way.

Posted on my ipad:apple:

phillyred79

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2010
I had the incase one that could be propped at three different angles, but it was too bulky so back it went.. Then I tried the Apple case- better but still took away from the experience of holding the iPad.. Back it went.. Finally I got the Belkin Grip Vue.. Works good.. Provides extra grip, protects the back and sides and the iPad still feels sexy...
http://www.belkin.com/IWCatSectionView.process?Section_Id=208314

Ljohnson72

macrumors 6502a
Dec 21, 2008
Denver, Co
I would go naked but the second you drop this it's going to be pretty damaged. I'm using the Apple case right now but will probably get a little beefier folio style case eventually.

Romanesq

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2003
Hoboken
Another Incase

The convertible is awesome. Snug with a very cool band lock keeping it tight. Multiple positions for typing and viewing. Read the reviews too at the online Apple Store. Heft? Nope. It feels much better and portable. Naked is pretty crazy with this. Grip just isn't there.

Via the iPad. :cool:

robby818

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2007
canceled my order for the apple case because I prefer to use the dock for charging and the keyboard/dock at my desk and I do not want to remove the ipad from the case, just too much hassle. I'm sure it will get some scratches and dings but I got over keeping my gadgets pristine. now, I just use them.

kirchnrd

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2009
I bought a cheap silicone skin, but decided I actually like using it naked. I think I will buy a sleeve of some kind to keep it safe while transporting, and dust off of it. Well, if I ever put it down to get dust on it ;)

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Mar 25, 2010
I can't stand cases.

I mean I get their purpose but they completely ruin the device for me. You have this beautiful pice of aluminum and glass and the you go cover it in a bully case...might as well the iPad was made of plastic, you wouldn't know the difference.

I can see it for holding up the device, I could use it for that but I could never use it full time.

I am looking at that Invishield product for the back of the iPad...has anyone ever used one? Is it almost 100% transparent?

sanPietro98

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2008
28.416834,-81.581214
I'm going to keep using it caseless for the foreseeable future. I like the look and feel of the ipad by itself. BUT I do use a sleeve to protect it while I'm actively using it..

getbigg21

Jun 5, 2005
I can't stand cases.

I mean I get their purpose but they completely ruin the device for me. You have this beautiful pice of aluminum and glass and the you go cover it in a bully case...might as well the iPad was made of plastic, you wouldn't know the difference.

I can see it for holding up the device, I could use it for that but I could never use it full time.

I am looking at that Invishield product for the back of the iPad...has anyone ever used one? Is it almost 100% transparent?

Ya that's what's on mine

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.