Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Apr 5, 2010, 11:09 PM   #1
bludodge
macrumors 6502

All of sudden IPad not connecting to internet, full bars

WFT, was laying in bed reading Macrumors site and all of sudden got "not connected to internet message" on my iPad through my wifi. Has full wifi "bars". Turned iPad off and on, (not just to sleep, rebooted). This sucks, now what? When I go into settings everything is correct there. I did, right before this all acted up, do an App update for ABC.com and GoodReader. Could that have screwed something up? Geesh, pretty much makes this iPad worthless not being able to hit the net. Pissed had to get out of bed to write this. Anyone else have this issue? When I turned on my mac mini, I got a message about an update for software. I wonder if I should try docking my iPad?

Last edited by bludodge; Apr 5, 2010 at 11:22 PM.
bludodge is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2010, 11:37 PM   #2
bludodge
macrumors 6502

Unplugged router and restarted it, got the full bars back, and after once more typing in my password, the iPad now not only sees the wifi signal, it is able to use it. This is getting frustrated. This issue isn't like the other where people are complaining about having to retype passwords, which I also still have to do. It was seeing my router.
bludodge is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2010, 03:22 PM   #3
patman2862
macrumors newbie

fix to no internet

hi...ive just gone through the stupidest registration page to tell you this so hope it helps.
i had the exact same problem.
in settings click wifi. press the blue arrow at the side of your network.
i had a random ip address set automatically the correct subnet mask and no router or dns settings.
check what ip adress range your router uses and set manually.
worked perfect for me.
i have always been an apple hater and the first time i go apple i get this simple fault.
typical
hope this helps
patman2862 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2010, 03:26 PM   #4
TheBritishBloke
macrumors 68030

Go into settings > general > reset > reset network settings.

This generally works for me. It doesn't delete any info, just means you have to connect to the wifi with your network passcode again.
TheBritishBloke is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2010, 12:58 PM   #5
drapestar
macrumors newbie

Hi I am having the same problem.

I have reset my network settings, turned it off and back on, but don't know what to do now. I am using my macbook on the same wireless network right now and it works fine.

The bars on my 'pad seem to go from 1 to 3 to disappearing altogether and then back on. If I try to load Mail it can't connect to Gmail server. If I go to Safari, I am not connected to the internet-immediately.

Please help?
drapestar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2010, 01:08 PM   #6
hsotnicam8002
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by patman2862 View Post
i have always been an apple hater
I'm the same with strawberries.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 06:42 PM   #7
Robin4
macrumors 6502

Have you downloaded Spyke recently? I never had a problem until this morning. It was very frustrating. I realized that I had just downloaded Skype and it got me wondering, no problems before, why now. I deleted the app and everything is back to normal.

It may not be the actual reason, but if you just downloaded an app., you might want to give it a try.
Robin4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:05 PM   #8
ineedaname
macrumors newbie

Plug it in

Use the USB cable to plug it directly into your home modem/router. it should connect, and then once connected renew the lease under settings > wifi > blue arrow.
ineedaname is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2013, 12:45 PM   #9
freddie11
macrumors newbie

Thumbs up Panic over

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBritishBloke View Post
Go into settings > general > reset > reset network settings.

This generally works for me. It doesn't delete any info, just means you have to connect to the wifi with your network passcode again.
Brilliant. This worked for me.
freddie11 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad