Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Old Apr 6, 2010, 10:57 AM   #1
crimson090
macrumors newbie

iPad view on Google Apps mail?

So I love the new iPad view for GMail, but sadly, Google has yet again launched something new on gmail.com and left Apps users without it.

Unfortunately in the past it's sometimes taken months to get features moved over to Apps. Has anyone heard any news about this? Or is there any way to get that slick new view on Google Apps mail?

Thanks.
crimson090 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2010, 11:14 AM   #2
Fireproof!
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimson090 View Post
So I love the new iPad view for GMail, but sadly, Google has yet again launched something new on gmail.com and left Apps users without it.

Unfortunately in the past it's sometimes taken months to get features moved over to Apps. Has anyone heard any news about this? Or is there any way to get that slick new view on Google Apps mail?

Thanks.
Can't you just use Safari and go to mail.yourdomain.com and check your Google Apps mail that way?
Old Apr 6, 2010, 11:20 AM   #3
Fireproof!
macrumors 6502a

Wait - i think I misread your post. Are you saying that you CAN check your email via browser, but you would prefer to use their new iPad App to do it?

If that's the case - then that is a shame. I have both Gmail and Google Apps and was looking forward to trying out that app for both (if possible). (Don't have an ipad yet...boohoo...)
Old Apr 6, 2010, 01:57 PM   #4
crimson090
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireproof! View Post
Wait - i think I misread your post. Are you saying that you CAN check your email via browser, but you would prefer to use their new iPad App to do it?

If that's the case - then that is a shame. I have both Gmail and Google Apps and was looking forward to trying out that app for both (if possible). (Don't have an ipad yet...boohoo...)
Exactly. The full screen interface isn't bad but the iPad version is just so much better.
crimson090 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2010, 08:01 AM   #5
HyperX13
macrumors 6502

I am in same boat. Gmail on iPad looks much better than my google apps view. Seems google apps treats u like a regular mobile user not sensing it's an iPad. Hope they push this to us soon.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps