Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Apr 6, 2010, 11:54 AM   #1
jimbo1mcm
macrumors 6502a

Maybe I don't need the case!!!

It seems like a lot of people, me included, are/going to order the Apple case because of the ability to prop up the back to type. The case does give some protection, but the Ipad still might not survive a fall. I did order the case for my 3G, but might bring it back because of the following product: Laptop Legs by Lapworks. I had used these on an old Toshiba laptop to get it up so the CPU could cool. You just stick these on the back and have 2 angles you can use to prop the back up. The advantage of this product is that you can still dock your Ipad and also have that sensual Aluminum feel when you pick up your Ipad. They are available in Amazon for around $12.
Attached Images

jimbo1mcm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2010, 11:59 AM   #2
ipoddin
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo1mcm View Post
It seems like a lot of people, me included, are/going to order the Apple case because of the ability to prop up the back to type. The case does give some protection, but the Ipad still might not survive a fall. I did order the case for my 3G, but might bring it back because of the following product: Laptop Legs by Lapworks. I had used these on an old Toshiba laptop to get it up so the CPU could cool. You just stick these on the back and have 2 angles you can use to prop the back up. The advantage of this product is that you can still dock your Ipad and also have that sensual Aluminum feel when you pick up your Ipad. They are available in Amazon for around $12.
So then you have these ugly things stuck to the back of your ipad wherever you go? No thanks.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 12:09 PM   #3
ghostlyorb
macrumors 6502a

and wouldn't these only be useful when using on a table? For a computer these might be useful.. but not so much an iPad.
iPad mini 16GB +AT&T
ghostlyorb is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories