Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Old Apr 6, 2010, 12:18 PM   #1
Beau10
macrumors 6502a

Innovative multitouch apps - The iPads "true" killer app?

I was thinking, all quibbles about the iPad that people have aside, I would snap one up in a minute if there was some true next-level ***** in the multi-touch arena pop up.

I'm talking Minority Report-esque interaction and beyond in ways of interacting with media, which at the outset has been hinted at. As much as some make this device out to be a bigger iPhone/touch, the idea of multi-touch is quite limited in that domain and always will be due to the form factor - you just won't be laying all 10 fingers on the screen in elaborate chording gestures. Perhaps part of the issue is Apple needs to bring to fruition a more expansive gestures 'language' that devs can exploit. I believe there's been some patent applications over the past year detailing some of this, and perhaps we'll be seeing it in iPhone 4.0

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps