Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Apr 6, 2010, 05:24 PM   #1
steamtoy
macrumors regular

Is pages/numbers/keynote worth the price?

I want to have an app that can edit an office file and can share files with others. Is apple's iWork suite worth the price? I can't make my decision whether to wait for "quickoffice" or "documents to go". Any suggestions?
steamtoy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2010, 05:46 PM   #2
danny_w
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamtoy View Post
I want to have an app that can edit an office file and can share files with others. Is apple's iWork suite worth the price? I can't make my decision whether to wait for "quickoffice" or "documents to go". Any suggestions?
From what I have read it has quite a few limitations as far as editing existing files (it strips out all comments, revision bars, TOC are converted to plain text, etc.). If you want to generate the files on the iPad it may be fine, but maybe not for editing existing files and sharing with others. I was also thinking about it but the limitations are a little much.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 05:59 PM   #3
Akash.B
macrumors regular

I have Keynote and Pages, and for $20 very much worth it. It's not quite a full desktop version, but blows away anything you've seen before in a mobile device.
Akash.B is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad