Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steamtoy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 22, 2006
I want to have an app that can edit an office file and can share files with others. Is apple's iWork suite worth the price? I can't make my decision whether to wait for "quickoffice" or "documents to go". Any suggestions?

danny_w

macrumors 601
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
I want to have an app that can edit an office file and can share files with others. Is apple's iWork suite worth the price? I can't make my decision whether to wait for "quickoffice" or "documents to go". Any suggestions?
From what I have read it has quite a few limitations as far as editing existing files (it strips out all comments, revision bars, TOC are converted to plain text, etc.). If you want to generate the files on the iPad it may be fine, but maybe not for editing existing files and sharing with others. I was also thinking about it but the limitations are a little much.

Akash.B

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2010
I have Keynote and Pages, and for $20 very much worth it. It's not quite a full desktop version, but blows away anything you've seen before in a mobile device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.