Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Apr 6, 2010, 06:33 PM   #1
ukwildcat
macrumors 6502

Lord of the Rings Digital Copy

I purchased the Blu-Ray of the Lord of the Rings trilogy today. I loaded the digital copies onto iTunes. I am unable to increase the size of the picture when viewing in iTunes. It is a smaller size, even when maximized to full screen. Anyway I can increase the picture size? Or are these digital copies only for use on portable media devices? Thanks.
ukwildcat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2010, 06:34 PM   #2
ukwildcat
macrumors 6502

Nevermind. I'm an idiot.
ukwildcat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2010, 02:01 PM   #3
tommylotto
macrumors regular

So let me guess, you bought the theatrical versions on DVD, then bought the extended version on DVD. Now you bought the theatrical version on BR, and later you'll buy the extended versions on BR whenever they get around to releasing that version -- again.

PT Barbun was right.
tommylotto is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2010, 03:21 PM   #4
notjustjay
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommylotto View Post
So let me guess, you bought the theatrical versions on DVD, then bought the extended version on DVD. Now you bought the theatrical version on BR, and later you'll buy the extended versions on BR whenever they get around to releasing that version -- again.

PT Barbun was right.
Criticizing and making thinly veiled insults based upon your own pure conjecture? Hardly sporting.

Incidentally, I *did* buy the theatrical and extended versions on DVD, and I bought the Blu-Ray set too. I don't plan to buy the extended set on Blu-Ray though, because frankly I didn't enjoy the extended editions. There is such a thing as too long...
Old Apr 7, 2010, 05:51 PM   #5
tommylotto
macrumors regular

Actually, my criticism is reserved for New Line for intentionally bilking their loyal fan base. I guess they could justify the staggered release in DVD, because of the additional time to edit and prepare the extended version. But now, it would have been really simple to put both versions on the same BR. The only reason for staggering the BR releases of the two versions is to sell both versions to the "Frodo Lives" T-shirt wearing crowd. Check out the ratings and reviews for the theatrical version over at Amazon. It is a full on revolt.
tommylotto is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2010, 08:28 PM   #6
Dimwhit
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommylotto View Post
Actually, my criticism is reserved for New Line for intentionally bilking their loyal fan base. I guess they could justify the staggered release in DVD, because of the additional time to edit and prepare the extended version. But now, it would have been really simple to put both versions on the same BR. The only reason for staggering the BR releases of the two versions is to sell both versions to the "Frodo Lives" T-shirt wearing crowd. Check out the ratings and reviews for the theatrical version over at Amazon. It is a full on revolt.
No doubt. When 2500+ reviews average less than 2 stars for a movie everyone loves, you know something is up.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater