Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shymcfly

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 6, 2010
Is any one else running into this problem? I check app shopper frequently for new apps and as of today when I try to download free apps I am redirected to iTunes as normal but when I try to download it goes about the motions ... Adds the app to my home page with the loading bar under it and then I get an error message stating "Unable to purchase" not really understanding what the problem is... Any suggestions?

Mpalmieri1203

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2007
Is any one else running into this problem? I check app shopper frequently for new apps and as of today when I try to download free apps I am redirected to iTunes as normal but when I try to download it goes about the motions ... Adds the app to my home page with the loading bar under it and then I get an error message stating "Unable to purchase" not really understanding what the problem is... Any suggestions?

Check your account status. Sounds like your credit card might have flubbed a payment that you might need to reprocess before making another purchase.

ClaireL

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2010
New Jersey

It's not just you, I had the same problem tonight and have funds available on itune gift cards so it's not that. Maybe those apps we tried to download were removed for price changes or updates. Dunno

Shymcfly

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 6, 2010
It's not just you, I had the same problem tonight and have funds available on itune gift cards so it's not that. Maybe those apps we tried to download were removed for price changes or updates. Dunno

I don't think he meant funds I think more like a hang up in processing a payment. Don't know if it matters but these have all been free apps that this happened with

Edit: validated all receipts with apple by email nothing seems wrong there

ClaireL

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2010
New Jersey
I don't think he meant funds I think more like a hang up in processing a payment. Don't know if it matters but these have all been free apps that this happened with

Edit: validated all receipts with apple by email nothing seems wrong there

I got the SAME message as him and the exact same hanging, so I am talking about the same thing.

Shymcfly

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 6, 2010
Claire have all yours been free apps or has it happened with a paid app

ClaireL

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2010
New Jersey
Claire have all yours been free apps or has it happened with a paid app

First time I got that message, have been able to download with no problems. I bought Need for speed shift for $14.99 which worked perfect but that is my only paid purchase so far.

astrosoup

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2010
I think it was a EULA issue for me. I simply reset my iPad by holding the home and power buttons, then sliding the on-screen power switch that appeared. I let it boot down for a couple of minutes, fired it back up and retried my AppStore download. The software asked me to accept the new licensing agreement and it worked from there.

cakbar

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2008
I think there are problems with the App, iTunes and iBook Stores today. I can access them, but can't do any searches. This is with both my iPad and a PC.

0dev

macrumors 68040
Dec 22, 2009
Sorry to bring back an old thread, but I'm having the same problem, except I get the message just before it asks for my password, then when I enter it I get it again but the download works fine anyway. Strange.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.