Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mbell75

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 30, 2007
The local NBC news here in LA just showed video of a woman using the new OS and they confirmed it will feature multi tasking! I havent seen an iPhone recently, but what she was using looked exactly like a mini iPad. I really hpe we will be able to upgrade our iPads to 4.0 when it comes out!

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
I think they were basing that off rumors and demonstrating a jailbroken iPhone. Looking forward to the video.

Aldaris

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2004
Salt Lake
Don't worry about it...

In all honesty if what you say is true, Steve has apple agents torturing the news anchor and all of apple legal taking action against any and all media evidence... Including sending out auto deletes to all dvr's...

My advice... Run go dark, go off the grid, destroy your iPhone so they can't track you and hide in a cave for the next 40 years.:cool:

mbell75

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 30, 2007
Doesn't really matter what he says, I can't see anything in the video you posted that looks like multi tasking... unless I'm missing something.

Didnt say they showed her multi tasking, just said they confirmed users will be able to multi task :) Apple is not stupid, especially with how far Google has come with Android, I have no doubt 4.0 will be a major upgrade. Hope hes right about it being for the iPad too.

wovel

macrumors 68000
Mar 15, 2010
America(s)!
Well, they didnt say its rumoured. He stated it pretty clear and millions of people just saw it. We'll see tomorrow....

I don't believe anyone doubts the local news reporter said it, no one showed it. Show is different than say. I can say it all day. I just did. Local news in LA (or most anywhere) is not really known for their reliability.

pondie84

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2008
When you say the news 'showed' her using the new OS how do you mean? Did they just show her using the phone and have a voice over saying that she is using the new OS?

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
I believe this thread is worthy of a phrase that was somewhat overused after the iPad's announcement and seems to have fallen out of style since then:

EPIC FAIL.

Maaz

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2010
You can't really take this as a credible source. I hope its true. But I wont get my hopes up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.