Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TDHXXX

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 3, 2009
hey there

i'm pretty certain that my i7 has the yellow tinge problem, it's one i ordered when they were first announced and i got it sometime during november.

am i still eligible to get it replaced?
or am i eligible to get it exchanged for a macbook pro (or something... like a refund .etc)?

i am in australia by the way.

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Can you take it to an Apple store? If not give technical support a call in your country and they should be able to guide you through the process.

TDHXXX

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 3, 2009
yes there is one not too far from me, i enquired about it and they said i had to bring the machine into the store,

this isn't quite easy for me as the 27" is quite large and i catch a bus to the store...

does anyone know if they do call-outs? i vaguely remember reading something similar to this in another thread.

i have applecare if that matters.

spcdust

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2008
London, UK
hey there

i'm pretty certain that my i7 has the yellow tinge problem, it's one i ordered when they were first announced and i got it sometime during november.

am i still eligible to get it replaced?
or am i eligible to get it exchanged for a macbook pro (or something... like a refund .etc)?

i am in australia by the way.

I know what you should do....completely ignore the extensive thread covering this issue which is never far from the top of page 1. Then instead of posting your question in that relevant thread create your own thread.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

TDHXXX

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 3, 2009
I know what you should do....completely ignore the extensive thread covering this issue which is never far from the top of page 1. Then instead of posting your question in that relevant thread create your own thread.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

i don't have the time to go through the entire thread to find something that matches my situation.

GregGebhardt

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2010
i don't have the time to go through the entire thread to find something that matches my situation.

You can get it to the store and hope they see what you do. If there is a problem, Apple is pretty good about backing up their hardware.

Sorry that they will not trade it for a MBPro

fhall1

macrumors 68040
Dec 18, 2007
(Central) NY State of mind

Wow.....quite busy aren't we? Let's not waste any more of YOUR time while we answer YOUR specific question....but it's OK for the rest of us to have to waste our time wading through multiple threads on the same topic.

spcdust

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2008
London, UK
Having manners never ever hurt either.;)

Apologies if I came over rude - my post was framed by a smidgin of good natured sarcasm but maybe I'm coming over all Victor Meldrew.

My actual point was that this question has been asked countless times and if the OP just checked the relevant thread they would more than likely find an appropriate answer within 3 minutes. Failing that posting their question in the relevant thread would more than likely get an appropriate response, provide an audit trail for other users to benefit from and help keep the board uncluttered.

Wow.....quite busy aren't we? Let's not waste any more of YOUR time while we answer YOUR specific question....but it's OK for the rest of us to have to waste our time wading through multiple threads on the same topic.

Exactly!

TDHXXX

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 3, 2009
You can get it to the store and hope they see what you do. If there is a problem, Apple is pretty good about backing up their hardware.

Sorry that they will not trade it for a MBPro

so there is no chance of returns/refunds if a problem is found?
it looks like i will have to make the trip once my finals are over.

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
so there is no chance of returns/refunds if a problem is found?
it looks like i will have to make the trip once my finals are over.

That your best bet. You could contact Apple technical support and explain your situation and the MAY send out a courier to you.

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
They'll expect you to take it to them I'm afraid. If they replace the screen and it still doesn't resolve it, next time they may offer to collect the machine from you.

You need to give them a chance to fix the problem before you can look to escalate or look at options.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.