Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

/dev/toaster

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 23, 2006
San Francisco, CA
Grrrr, this is really getting annoying .. i'd at least like to know the date of the release. This is really starting to sound like shipping April 30th.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Grrrr, this is really getting annoying .. i'd at least like to know the date of the release. This is really starting to sound like shipping April 30th.

what sort of "news" were you hoping for?

"Like we said, end of April..."

That would not exactly be news.

calvin2006

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Seriously

It is beyond me why they can't announce a date. Even if they said April 30, that's cool. Just give us a date already.

At the Apple Store today, one of the sales people told a customer they expected it late April or possibly the beginning of May and that Apple usually announces things 3 weeks in advance, meaning it is a minimum of 3 weeks away. That we have no date yet has me wondering if May could be a reality.

calvin2006

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
They've been accepting reservations since the time the pre-ordered opened up.

They have been accepting pre-orders. No one can reserve one for in-store pickup yet, so, no they have not been accepting 3G reservations and they are not accepting them now.

calvin2006

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Someone email Steve and ask him. I already tried last week when my card had a credit hold for the iPad. The hold has since been released and my pre-order still says shipping Late April. I don't want to email him again and become one of those people :)

/dev/toaster

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 23, 2006
San Francisco, CA
Not sure why not one of the idiot blogging reporters did not ask that question at the news conference!

They were too busy asking questions that were already answered ... such as, what about 4.0 for the iPad ... *boggle* ... I wanna know who that was that wasn't paying attention to the keynote.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
We're still waiting for news on the iPad full stop.

No pricing, availability or retail information has been released as yet and we're now into the second week of April with expected arrival in just a few weeks.

Apple, I can haz info?

CarboysDesire

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2008
Las Vegas
They were too busy asking questions that were already answered ... such as, what about 4.0 for the iPad ... *boggle* ... I wanna know who that was that wasn't paying attention to the keynote.

I believe if a ship date were available it would have been announced. Had anyone asked the answer would have been "late April."

It will ALWAYS be "late April" until Apple says otherwise. There is no point in asking anyone here.

stealthman1

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2006
Ca
My gawd, it's only April 8th...this is going to be really hard...I will not go play with one at BB, WILL NOT! Friend of mine, never had heard of one on Saturday, texts me...'mine will be here next week' today. ARGHHHH!

socceteer

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2008
Frustration continuos

I am frustrated also. We pay more for the better machine and yet the people who decided to get the cheap version are getting to enjoy it first. Good move to piss off the high end buyers.

Does anyone know why they could not get the 3G out at the same time as the non-3G.

Was it that Apple wanted to have a second marketing Big Bang..!

This is very frustrating but a good marketing strategy if that is what they were doing....!

otherwise they should "fire" the project manager for the 3G version.

Sketchr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
Not a good idea, there is a huge amount of mail theft in our building and Fedex has been well known to just leave packages. I would rather walk to the Apple store and just have it that day without any hassles.

FedEx is instructed not to leave it w/o a signature. I've never had UPS or FedEX leave a package if the requirement is in effect by the merchant.

Hankster

macrumors 68020
Jan 30, 2008
Washington DC
Think of it this way: If ATT has issues dealing with data use via the iPhone, how well do you think they will handle the addition of an iPad which requires even more data use?

ATT's network is not prepared and thus the reason for the delay and lack of date.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.