Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Apr 8, 2010, 06:14 PM   #1
pandoraaj009
macrumors newbie

deleted launchdaemons,lock button broken can't restore-warranty replacement possible?

I'll simplify this as much as possible.

iPhone 3G, FW 3.1.2, jailbroken, have had it for about 6 months (definitely still within the time frame of the warranty).
relevant points:
1) I was SSH'ing into my phone, editing the launch daemons, as I always do after I sync with itunes (I observed that syncing would replace the memory draining daemons, so I'd just re-delete all of them). Well my retarded *** accidentally deleted the entire launch daemon file, and my phone won't go past the apple logo.

2) My sleep/lock button is broken. I had to install the Quick Lock app from Rock so I could lock it by pressing an icon on the springboard.

3)I can't get into recovery mode, b/c my sleep button is broken.

Truth be told, I actually want to replace my iphone because of the broken lock thing. However, my preference would be to restore it so I could have a phone obviously, but restoration would enable me to "virginize" it and take it into the Apple store unjailbroken.

My biggest concern is that they would be able to work some weird voodoo magic on my iPhone and get past the apple logo and my jailbreaking ways would be exposed, and my warranty would be voided.

So, with all of these issues in mind, does anyone have any advice? I'd definitely appreciate any helpful suggestions you guys might have. Thanks for reading
pandoraaj009 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2010, 09:16 PM   #2
mreddys10
macrumors regular

Does your computer recognize the phone when u connect? I hope you have made a backup of your launch daemons folder before you started to remove things from it. If your computer can recognize the phone, then you might have a chance at SSHing back into the phone and replacing that folder.
mreddys10 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2010, 10:00 PM   #3
AppleHack23
Banned

To get an iDevice into recovery mode, have the device turned off, plug it into iTunes, and at the same time the charger locks into place, hold down the home button. Now you can restore. If that doesn't work, Pwnage Tool is capable of putting a device in DFU mode.
AppleHack23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2010, 10:06 PM   #4
mreddys10
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleHack23 View Post
To get an iDevice into recovery mode, have the device turned off, plug it into iTunes, and at the same time the charger locks into place, hold down the home button. Now you can restore. If that doesn't work, Pwnage Tool is capable of putting a device in DFU mode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandoraaj009 View Post

2) My sleep/lock button is broken. I had to install the Quick Lock app from Rock so I could lock it by pressing an icon on the springboard.

3)I can't get into recovery mode, b/c my sleep button is broken.
Just wait till the battery runs out I guess
mreddys10 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks