Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xfiring

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 10, 2009
I have a file that was converted and the AC3 audio is about .3 seconds off for the entire movie. Does anyone know a way (in Subler) or anything else to change the audio delay.

I know is Subler you can add a delay to a subtitle file but I am not sure how to do this.

I have several files off just a hair so this would be great. I know Plex can do this but I am using aTV.

Thanks.

mmulin

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2006
I have a file that was converted and the AC3 audio is about .3 seconds off for the entire movie. Does anyone know a way (in Subler) or anything else to change the audio delay.

I know is Subler you can add a delay to a subtitle file but I am not sure how to do this.

I have several files off just a hair so this would be great. I know Plex can do this but I am using aTV.

Thanks.

You can do it with most video editing tools by splitting video and audio and re-arrange it.

If you are just worried about playback on your computer, use VLC which contains controls (keyboard defaults are 'g' & 'f') for audio delay.

xfiring

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 10, 2009
Thanks I will look at MPEG Streamclip.

I do not want to do this in VLC, I want to use it on aTV.

Thanks. If Streamclip does not I'll report back.

acrossthedesert

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2011
Audio Delay for Subler

Subler now allows you to add a delay to audio tracks if you know the number of ms you need to delay.

On a Mac, open the file you wish to edit and select the Sound Track to be delayed. In the Edit menu, select Offset... and enter the number of ms to delay.

An easy way to find out how much delay you need is to use VLC. During playback, press 'f' or 'g' to add or reduce audio delay.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.