Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kes601

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 3, 2008
I am listening to music for the first time while doing other things on the iPad and it keeps pausing on its own.

Example 1:

Start music, go to espn.com and anytime the page has a video on it, whether I play it or not, the music pauses.

Example 2:

Start music, open Weatherbug App, music pauses as soon as the radar portion of the screen loads.

Anybody else experiencing similar issues?

khanriazaoif

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2007
Same

I am listening to music for the first time while doing other things on the iPad and it keeps pausing on its own.

Example 1:

Start music, go to and anytime the page has a video on it, whether I play it or not, the music pauses.

Example 2:

Start music, open Weatherbug App, music pauses as soon as the radar portion of the screen loads.

Exact same thing for me on the same page espn and then an app also

Mitchrapp

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2010
I was listening to a ball game with the MLB app. and I switched to listen with the browser. It was fine, opened up another page, ESPN, and it paused. Weird.

kes601

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 3, 2008
I think the embedded video on some web pages and apps are taking over the audio device when they load even if they don't play. It is quite lame, hopefully it will be addressed in an update. Can't even surf and listen to the music at the same time is not cool.

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
I'm having problems with the Youtube app pausing and often not completing clips that play flawlessly on my mbp sitting next to it.

Is this a symptom of the wi-fi problems I and others have been having?

kes601

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 3, 2008
I'm having problems with the Youtube app pausing and often not completing clips that play flawlessly on my mbp sitting next to it.

Is this a symptom of the wi-fi problems I and others have been having?

Either that or your Internet connection isn't fast enough to play the HQ clips, but that really doesn't have anything to do with this thread. You may want to start a new thread.

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
This happens on my iPhone. Try reloading?

But the thing is that it never happens on my mbp. It plays the same clip straight through, no stops or pauses that my iPad chokes and gags on... (this iPad just disconnected twice while I was typing this)

If, as feared, this is just a 'big iphone', isn't it destined to fail? There seems to either be a) too many expectations for performance or b) too many corners cut that Apple should have warned people about perhaps to quash their expectations...

diabolic

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2007
Austin, Texas
If, as feared, this is just a 'big iphone', isn't it destined to fail? There seems to either be a) too many expectations for performance or b) too many corners cut that Apple should have warned people about perhaps to quash their expectations...

Or maybe it's a bug that will soon be fixed. You might be overreacting a bit with the alarmist analysis.

hamlinspahn

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2010
Oklahoma City
Mbp

But the thing is that it never happens on my mbp. It plays the same clip straight through, no stops or pauses that my iPad chokes and gags on... (it just disconnected twice while I was typing this)

Comparing a MBP to an iPad is really like comparing and Apple to a Orange.

I agree with you iPad statements the expectation was greater than the iPad base wholly on what I have read, I'm a 3G guy full of anticipation and concern.

I do have a question for you how close to wishing you didn't buy it and why if this isn't the only thing and the same question to anyone reading this if you don't mind, I still have time to get out.

superflush

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2009

Example 1:

Start music, go to espn.com and anytime the page has a video on it, whether I play it or not, the music pauses.

Example 2:

Yes, both of the exact scenarios have happened to me. It is there fault (ESPN & Weatherbug). It is complete ******** that they didn't develop their website & app with this in mind.
I've replaced Weatherbug with Accuweather, and I reported the bug to ESPN.com and told them I would not be using ESPN.com at all until they fix it (there are other sports sites after all)

superflush

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2009
But the thing is that it never happens on my mbp. It plays the same clip straight through, no stops or pauses that my iPad chokes and gags on... (this iPad just disconnected twice while I was typing this)

Are you nuts? It isn't destined to fail.
Apple's mobile devices are programmed to not play more than one audio stream at once.
If you want multiple streams of audio to play over each other haphazardly, get an Android phone.

Steve

Sent from my iPad

caubeck

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2007
Comparing a MBP to an iPad is really like comparing and Apple to a Orange.

I agree with you iPad statements the expectation was greater than the iPad base wholly on what I have read, I'm a 3G guy full of anticipation and concern.

I do have a question for you how close to wishing you didn't buy it and why if this isn't the only thing and the same question to anyone reading this if you don't mind, I still have time to get out.

I can't understand anything you say.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.