Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KissimmeeRoger

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2010
Kissimmee, Fl
I rented the movie 2012 last night in HD. Normally it only takes a minute or two before I can view the movie. However, last night it stated ready to view in 5 HOURS. I checked internet to ensure my speeds were good, and connection to the internet was good. Everything was good, could view UTUBE videos quick, could view trailers of movies really quick. I went back to check the status of my rental and it states ready to view in 1 hour. A few minutes later I am alerted that the movie is ready to view. I watch the movie, and I am about 30 minutes from the end, and the movie freezes. I check the status of the download only 72 percent completed. I wait for a while, and resume watching the movie for about 10 minutes and it freezes again.

I have never had an issue like this before. I rechecked all my internet connections, checked the speed, checked downloads from Youtube and movie trailers, again very fast no issues.

What is up with Apple Movie Rentals ? They seem to be having issues and frankly the messed up the movie for me !!

fpnc

macrumors 68000
Oct 30, 2002
San Diego, CA
I purchased a standard definition TV show late last night and it started playing immediately. I also watched several podcasts and some HD trailers and they all started within a second or two. Thus, no problems on my side (YMMV).

Winnterpeg

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2008
Great White North
I had the same problem here last weekend trying to rent... kept getting error messages (8088 I think) and had to go to the "Downloads" menu to keep restarting the download... took me all day to finally get the whole movie. This is the first time I've ever had a problem in about 2 years. I thought it was probably due to the holiday weekend and everyone and their dogs were downloading stuff from the iTunes servers, but if it is still a problem with others it may be something more serious at Apple?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.