Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Apr 9, 2010, 01:12 PM   #1
Clix Pix
macrumors Demi-Goddess

Location: 8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (Northern Virginia)
For the ladies.....a wonderful bag for the iPad!

Last night I wandered into the Vera Bradley store at my local mall and eventually emerged with a "Hipster" bag, which is just perfect for the iPad. It has a pocket in the front for carrying various items, a zippered section in the back, and the main compartment holds the iPad either naked or in the Apple case just perfectly. It's pretty, it's feminine...and it's functional. They come in various colors and patterns, so I got one in my favorite color, a sort of orangish-red paisley patterned. This is a fun bag and a little different than the usual messenger bags and such.

You can see the various bags at the Vera Bradley site: http://www.verabradley.com

I wish this style came in solid colors and/or leather, too.....
Old Apr 11, 2010, 12:43 AM   #2
pjgeer
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clix Pix View Post
Last night I wandered into the Vera Bradley store at my local mall and eventually emerged with a "Hipster" bag, which is just perfect for the iPad. It has a pocket in the front for carrying various items, a zippered section in the back, and the main compartment holds the iPad either naked or in the Apple case just perfectly. It's pretty, it's feminine...and it's functional. They come in various colors and patterns, so I got one in my favorite color, a sort of orangish-red paisley patterned. This is a fun bag and a little different than the usual messenger bags and such.

You can see the various bags at the Vera Bradley site: http://www.verabradley.com

I wish this style came in solid colors and/or leather, too.....
I was just looking at these, I will be grabbing a second one just for my ipad, when it gets to Canada.

Pj
pjgeer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2010, 05:08 AM   #3
oftheheavens
macrumors 6502a

from what i see with all these "men" liking these "men purses" this may be a good one for a few of the "men" on here to.
oftheheavens is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2010, 09:45 AM   #4
iLiveUdie
macrumors regular

I that even designed for an iPad???
Old Apr 11, 2010, 10:36 AM   #5
lotusindigo
macrumors regular

Nice, but I'd rather have something specifically designed for the iPad. Here's some feminine ones that you ladies might like to have a look at.

http://www.blytheking.com/?page=shop...cm1ic9t6g5d4h2

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...ng_id=44343110

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...ng_id=44393523

http://www.abas.net/products.php?cSu...7&cProdID=3694
lotusindigo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2010, 12:03 PM   #6
Clix Pix
macrumors Demi-Goddess

Location: 8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (Northern Virginia)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLiveUdie View Post
I that even designed for an iPad???
Nope, not at all, but the iPad fit in there perfectly -- in future, one of my criteria for bags is if the iPad will fit....
Old Apr 11, 2010, 01:27 PM   #7
julip
macrumors member

The Vera Bradley bags are great, and the style you picked up is a great shape! For another alternative, this is one of my favorite bag makers - home based business in Washington, wonderful lady who provides excellent, responsive customer service:

http://www.borsabella.com/new-ipad-bags

Melissa will also take custom orders if you find a fabric that you like better than what is in her inventory. You can send her your fabric, and she will make a bag for you, with any customizations you would like to request, if it is possible for her to do. I have a couple of Kindle bags from her, as well as cosmetic bags. Excellent workmanship, can't recommend her more highly.
julip is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2010, 03:50 AM   #8
awmazz
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusindigo View Post
I'm seeing a distinct advantage ladies will have over men when it comes to this product. The iPad is too small and slim to have its own shoulder strap bag for men without looking feminine. Or even a briefcase-handle case without looking like a purse. And it's too small to have its own backpack version like with laptops. Yet just too big to clip onto a belt or suit a bum bag. It's right in that difficult 'in-between' spot for men.

Alas, men will be forever cursed to carry it in their hand just like a book!

Unless... the iPad will also revolutionize fashion standards as much as it will the computer industry if men become accustomed to carrying small shoulder strap bags just as women have done for decades. Will this herald a quantum shift 'women can wear pants' turning point in fashion for men to carry purses?
awmazz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2010, 03:54 AM   #9
drummerlondonw3
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by oftheheavens View Post
from what i see with all these "men" liking these "men purses" this may be a good one for a few of the "men" on here to.
I have a satchel not sure if it fits the man bag category, well its a bag and I'm a man!

Just find it so much easier than a backpack if I just have a book (soon iPad) and some headphones etc

Don't carry my 17" MBP in it though!
Old Apr 12, 2010, 04:05 AM   #10
awmazz
macrumors 65816

Satchels have pockets and compartments to add bulk, don't they? Probably not the same as a slimline shoulder strap case/bag just for the iPad like in the pic above, which would evince "men" in quotes comments just as oftheheavens posted above.
awmazz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2010, 04:34 AM   #11
lyssagale12
macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

wow......that's wonderful information.

Thanks

Regards
Lyssa Gale
Old Dec 26, 2010, 02:39 AM   #12
zmagen
macrumors newbie

ladies messenger bags

I got this one recently - not too shabby for ladies messenger bags, and perfect as an ipad bag too

hope this helps!
zmagen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2010, 08:09 PM   #13
Cuechick
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by julip View Post
The Vera Bradley bags are great, and the style you picked up is a great shape! For another alternative, this is one of my favorite bag makers - home based business in Washington, wonderful lady who provides excellent, responsive customer service:

http://www.borsabella.com/new-ipad-bags

Melissa will also take custom orders if you find a fabric that you like better than what is in her inventory. You can send her your fabric, and she will make a bag for you, with any customizations you would like to request, if it is possible for her to do. I have a couple of Kindle bags from her, as well as cosmetic bags. Excellent workmanship, can't recommend her more highly.

I LOVE Borsa Bella!
Old Jan 27, 2011, 01:19 AM   #14
GotiPad
macrumors newbie

Nice Tote bags

While buying a case I found this one Tote for ladies
GotiPad is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2011, 01:14 AM   #15
jennimajor
macrumors newbie

The next time you go in for fashion bags, do not forget to try it on before you purchase it and also keep in mind that Torrid Women bags
jennimajor is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2011, 05:05 AM   #16
Lady Arwen
macrumors member

Vera Bradley is extremely preppy/young girlish where I live, so I definitely wouldn't want to get a hipster purse for an iPad case. I do like the Borsa Bella bags, and they have reasonable prices.
Lady Arwen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2011, 04:59 PM   #17
lmg74
macrumors member

I ordered an iPad travel bag with it monogrammed from Borsa Bella on Wednesday & received it today. Melissa does an awesome job!

http://flic.kr/p/9pSxDA
lmg74 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2011, 05:33 PM   #18
leenak
macrumors 65816

I didn't want something purse like and I tend to carry stuff for school so I went with a rickshaw messenger.

For ultimate girl, the reveal bags look nice

Last edited by leenak; Mar 12, 2011 at 05:43 PM.
leenak is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2011, 10:36 PM   #19
nixiemaiden
macrumors 6502a

I just ordered this from Zappos:

http://www.zappos.com/haiku-by-sharo...-brown-paisley

I will comment on it more after I get it but after looking at the pics, watching the video, and reading the reviews I think it will be perfect.

I would prefer it with only one water bottle holder but I am hoping one of them can be used for easy access to my cell phone.
nixiemaiden is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2011, 08:35 AM   #20
leenak
macrumors 65816

I like the brown but I don't do leather. It is actually disappointing how many iPad specific products have leather in them too. Luckily, I was able to find some things I liked in other materials.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 11:12 AM   #21
nixiemaiden
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by leenak View Post
I like the brown but I don't do leather. It is actually disappointing how many iPad specific products have leather in them too. Luckily, I was able to find some things I liked in other materials.
Do you not do leather for animal rights or because you just don't like it? The one I posted is synthetic suede and nylon. It is actually made out of recycled plastic bottles.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 11:32 AM   #22
leenak
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixiemaiden View Post
Do you not do leather for animal rights or because you just don't like it? The one I posted is synthetic suede and nylon. It is actually made out of recycled plastic bottles.
That is what I get for not reading too closely, all I saw was suede and stopped reading. I don't know if saying wearing dead animals isn't my thing is animal rights or not but that is my reason

I'm going to look closer at that and keep it in mind for the future
Old Mar 13, 2011, 07:36 PM   #23
nixiemaiden
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by leenak View Post
That is what I get for not reading too closely, all I saw was suede and stopped reading. I don't know if saying wearing dead animals isn't my thing is animal rights or not but that is my reason

I'm going to look closer at that and keep it in mind for the future
If you go to their site, they have the same bag in last years colors for like half the price. I wish I had seen that first.

http://www.haikubags.com/
Old Mar 14, 2011, 09:07 AM   #24
BlondeLocks
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmg74 View Post
I ordered an iPad travel bag with it monogrammed from Borsa Bella on Wednesday & received it today. Melissa does an awesome job!

http://flic.kr/p/9pSxDA
That bag is super cute, will it fit the Ipad 2 with smart cover?

Thanks.
BlondeLocks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2011, 09:29 AM   #25
TraceyS/FL
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixiemaiden View Post
If you go to their site, they have the same bag in last years colors for like half the price. I wish I had seen that first.

http://www.haikubags.com/
That is cute!!! I like the one you posted in the link best!

I'm still using the bag I made with the strap I've yet to fix
TraceyS/FL is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories