Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kahnyl

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 2, 2009
I have an app called WeatherHD. It isn't that functional but it's pretty. I want to find more apps that just look like great demos. They don't even have to be that useful.

I'm looking at Koi Pond in 2x and wishing there was a native version. I need more apps like that. I already have a lot of functional ones.

Peanut207

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2010
The Elements looks amazing! Has great reviews and everyone talks about how it really shows off the iPad screen.

bossxii

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2008
Kansas City
The Elements looks amazing! Has great reviews and everyone talks about how it really shows off the iPad screen.

Agree. Elements is not only amazing looking, it a very well designed app for anyone to use and learn from. One of the first apps I open when showing someone the iPad.

leesweet

macrumors demi-god
Feb 1, 2009
Northern Virginia, USA
For something more 'real world', try Wundermap. It's google mapped WeatherUnderground data all updated realtime anywhere you want. Be great for seeing the temperatures and radar weather around your neighborhood or elsewhere (and has webcams, also).

paulisme

macrumors 6502
Dec 15, 2008
Charleston, SC
I've gotten lots of oohs and ahhs from the Marvel Comics app. It's free and comes with six free comics (though you have to download each one after you've installed the app).

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

iPhoto.

lilo777

macrumors 603
Nov 25, 2009
I have an app called WeatherHD. It isn't that functional but it's pretty. I want to find more apps that just look like great demos. They don't even have to be that useful.

I'm looking at Koi Pond in 2x and wishing there was a native version. I need more apps like that. I already have a lot of functional ones.

Just curious. Why do you want to show off an iPad? Are you a salesmen?

MadDog31

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2007
This is going to sound lame, but I thought the WeatherBug app looked incredible on it today when I was at the Apple Store on Broadway in NYC.

EDIT: I just noticed the OP already said WeatherBug. Well I'm here to +1 that...haha

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.