Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dav

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2004
I like the autofill feature for remembering passwords on various websites in safari, but I was wondering if there was a way to edit which ones have been saved other than simply clearing all of them. If I let a friend use the iPad for a couple minutes, they usually want to check their Facebook, gmail, etc and end up choosing "never for this site" after prompted whether or not to save. This clears my password, and the only thing I can do is reset all of the passwords so I can re-enter everything and have it saved.

Is there a way to edit the saved passwords? Or at least allow myself to enter passwords again on certain websites without clearing everything?

Thanks

dav

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2004
You can edit the saved passwords by going to the site again and entering your new password. It will overwrite the old one.

If you have previously chosen to "never save the password" for a certain site would this method also re-enable thst capability? Thanks for the reply.

California King

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2007
Yeah, I know there's been a time where I meant to press "yes" and accidentally hit "never". Anyone know how to fix that?

msavwah

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2010
Oahu
I use 1password

One thing it allows you to do is import all of your saved sites and from there you can edit.

Cool app worth checking out

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.