Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old Apr 10, 2010, 08:29 PM   #1
2good2btru
macrumors member

Long-distance Prom Asking

I have a girl I'd like to take to Prom. The only problem is, she lives 600 miles away. I've already asked her informally, and she's agreed to go with me, but I still want to ask her formally, because that's fun for her.

Like I said, she lives far away and I want to take advantage of the distance. I had the idea of sending her something in the mail each day for 7 days and then at the end of the week, all of those items combined make something cool asking her to Prom. The only problem I have now is, I don't know what those 7 things are. Any ideas would be GREAT!!

Or, any other suggestions for asking her are acceptable too. Thanks!!
2good2btru is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2010, 09:25 PM   #2
Foreign Feeling
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to Foreign Feeling Send a message via Skype™ to Foreign Feeling
fly or drive to where she lives.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 09:36 PM   #3
Tomorrow
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2good2btru View Post
I have a girl I'd like to take to Prom. The only problem is, she lives 600 miles away. I've already asked her informally, and she's agreed to go with me, but I still want to ask her formally, because that's fun for her.
Formal:

"My dear ______ (say her name here), wouldst thou kindly consider favoring me with your charming company at said event, on the evening of Saturday, the twelfth day of May, in the year of our Lord Two Thousand and Ten, at Seven-Thirty o'clock?"

Informal:

"Hey, will you go to the Prom with me?"
Old Apr 10, 2010, 09:39 PM   #4
Xavier
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomorrow View Post
Formal:

"My dear ______ (say her name here), wouldst thou kindly consider favoring me with your charming company at said event, on the evening of Saturday, the twelfth day of May, in the year of our Lord Two Thousand and Ten, at Seven-Thirty o'clock?""
I like it!
I just bought some flowers and asked the girl I liked. That is, she went to the same school as me. Good luck man
Xavier is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2010, 10:18 PM   #5
RudyGrow
macrumors regular

Travel to her house. Call her up, start a conversation, then ask her to go outside on her porch (where you are waiting), hang up the phone, and ask her to prom, in person.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 10:48 PM   #6
renewed
macrumors 68040

7 items to ask her to prom? hmm

okay...

1. Poster board. Tell her to save this.
2. Next border. Tell her to put this around the poster board.
3. WILL in letters. Tell her to glue this in the upper left corner
4. YOU (repeat next to WILL)
5.GO (same under)
6. TO (same)
7. PROM WITH ME?(same)

Maybe on the 7th send some flowers too.

I dunno all I could think of.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 10:51 PM   #7
ergdegdeg
Moderator emeritus

Get a big jigsaw puzzle printed somewhere that says "Will you go to Prom with me?" or something like that. Then send her portions of the jigsaw puzzle each day. In the end, she can put it together. It probably should have some kind of pattern/background image so it's easier/at all possible to assemble.
ergdegdeg is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion