Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Apr 12, 2010, 03:12 AM   #1
bmullemeister
macrumors member

Send a message via MSN to bmullemeister Send a message via Skype™ to bmullemeister
Recording on EyeTV and watching on AppleTV

I finally decided to buy the AppleTV and it took me a while to find out all the things you can do.
I have EyeTV on my Imac and was recording some shows and then burning on DVD;s so I could watch them on my new beautiful Sony Bravia Internet TV
I ten found out you van open the save file from EyeTV and just open the package contents and select the m4v file which happily goes into iTunes and then synced to AppleTV

Hope this helps for other AppleTV users

Bert
bmullemeister is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2010, 06:32 AM   #2
fpnc
macrumors 68000

That's okay as long as the file that is recorded and saved by EyeTV is in a format that is compatible with the Apple TV (that will depend upon the specific EyeTV hardware and whether you are recording an analog or digital TV source and whether the digital source is SD or HD). In any case, the EyeTV software allows for such conversions as you can explicitly select to have a saved recording converted to an Apple TV (or iPod) compatible file that will then be automatically exported to iTunes when the encoding is completed (you don't even need to open the EyeTV package). EyeTV also offers an export option for Apple TV, iPhone, and iPod compatible files.
fpnc is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater