Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Old Apr 12, 2010, 07:46 AM   #1
Romanesq
macrumors 6502a

iPhone apps underestimated on iPad

A lot of writers are criticizing the apps from iPhone on the iPad but I've found that not all of them need updates, although some would certainly benefit from it even to just get a landscape mode.

Apple's remote app on the iPhone works on the iPad. It can be better but the real estate certainly doesn't hurt. It's great to have another option.

Speaking of options, Texas hold'em looks darn good on the iPad too.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 08:03 AM   #2
undrpsi
macrumors regular

Grrr...and the developers too.

Civ : Revo on the iPhone is great. It's very good on the iPad at 2x view. They released the iPad version and it's $15!! You don't get anything new..just a a true iPad sceen size app. <sigh> Bought it anyway cause it's my favorite game on any console or OS. Buggy...and over-priced.

I have noticed several apps have already had their price reduced or are now free. (Some WERE free and are now $$$).

Seems like the devs are still getting their feet wet on content and a pricing structure. You'd think with all the work down so far it would be an easy transition.
undrpsi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2010, 08:17 AM   #3
samcraig
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanesq View Post
A lot of writers are criticizing the apps from iPhone on the iPad but I've found that not all of them need updates, although some would certainly benefit from it even to just get a landscape mode.

Apple's remote app on the iPhone works on the iPad. It can be better but the real estate certainly doesn't hurt. It's great to have another option.

Speaking of options, Texas hold'em looks darn good on the iPad too.
What writers are you speaking of? Do you have any links?
samcraig is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2010, 09:03 AM   #4
Romanesq
macrumors 6502a

Here's another....

of recent vintage:

http://www.oredigger.net/features/96...pple-ipad.html
Old Apr 12, 2010, 09:07 AM   #5
Sleazy E
macrumors 65816

I removed all of my iPhone apps from my iPad. They simply just aren't pleasing to the eye at 2X mode.
Sleazy E is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2010, 09:11 AM   #6
srl7741
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleazy E View Post
I removed all of my iPhone apps from my iPad. They simply just aren't pleasing to the eye at 2X mode.
I did the same thing after trying to use a few. I'm not saying all are poor but the Apps I have on my iPhone look terrible on the iPad screen.

They are bad enough I'm waiting for iPad additions or moving to another App made specifically for the iPad.

Luckily I use the iPhone and iPad in different ways and so far there is not many Apps I'm missing or need.
srl7741 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2010, 09:12 AM   #7
BaronStein
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleazy E View Post
Some of them are not that bad, Zombie Smash looks very crispy and good even when double pixeled. Yet, it is more playable!!
Old Apr 12, 2010, 10:58 AM   #8
ClaireL
macrumors 6502a

Most of my iPhone apps do look atrocious doubled but Angry Birds isn't too bad actually. I keep debating whether to get Zenonia 2 but I get a feeling it will terrible pixel doubled.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 05:23 PM   #9
aluren
macrumors 65816

Could someone post a doubled-pixel iPhone app running on the iPad? Kinda curious as to how blurry it is.
aluren is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps