Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nasa25

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 11, 2010
canada
I'm at a loss. How am I supposed to carry around my iPad without having to carry it in my hands all the time and having to resort to using a man purse?

Only thing I can think of is a holster like contraption kind of like cops use to hold their guns under their arms.

Any thoughts?

snakesqzns

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2007
batteryjumpercablest2.jpg

Attach it to your man parts with these to achieve your desired appearance.

danny_w

macrumors 601
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
I guess it depends on how you define a man purse. I have a Timbuk2 Netbook Messenger and iPad fits very snugly in the netbook compartment, either naked or in the Apple case.

nasa25

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 11, 2010
canada
I guess it depends on how you define a man purse. I have a Timbuk2 Netbook Messenger and iPad fits very snugly in the netbook compartment, either naked or in the Apple case.

I will check that out. I'm looking for something that sits close to my body preferably under my arm. As high up under my arm as possible.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
pinch it on the edge with one hand using your thumb and forefinger while skipping.

awmazz

macrumors 65816
Jul 4, 2007
A messenger bag?

There's definitely a market that needs to be addressed which so far doesn't have any products in it yet.

ACKRITE

macrumors member
May 11, 2008
West Hartford, CT
No imagine a gun holster that sits under the arm but made for iPad. Something like that.

Really?! A shoulder holster for an iPad? Really? Do you plan on your iPad being at your side for life-saving purposes that often (as a cop's side arm is)?

You'd look way better carrying a "man purse." Like the above poster noted, get a messenger bag with an internal laptop sleeve. The likes of Patagonia, Timbuk2, Mountainsmith, etc make several models each.

But for the love of God, don't be the Lt. Sipowicz of the iPad...

nasa25

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 11, 2010
canada
Really?! A shoulder holster for an iPad? Really? Do you plan on your iPad being at your side for life-saving purposes that often (as a cop's side arm is)?

You'd look way better carrying a "man purse." Like the above poster noted, get a messenger bag with an internal laptop sleeve. The likes of Patagonia, Timbuk2, Mountainsmith, etc make several models each.

But for the love of God, don't be the Lt. Sipowicz of the iPad...

haha I just want something that is snug enough not to get in the way while still being functional.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
What about a "man" vest (like the Scottee vest)?
You'll look like you're on a tactical mission ;)

xROBERTxDAVISx

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2010
Aberdeen, Scotland
I'm at a loss. How am I supposed to carry around my iPad without having to carry it in my hands all the time and having to resort to using a man purse?

Only thing I can think of is a holster like contraption kind of like cops use to hold their guns under their arms.

Any thoughts?

A normal back pack perhaps? If you think a pistol is the same size as an ipad your wrong. It would be massive and be like a womans purse for it to fit a ipad.

MacGuffin

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2006

Any thoughts?

Hey chief,

A day-glo fanny pack sounds about your speed.

Recommend a black leather Greek fishing cap to go with your new Man-Pad ensemble.

Just be sure to update the Pad at that time of the month!

Galley

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2008
The WaterField Designs Muzetto is pretty damned stylish. It's a messenger bag-style case.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
Call it what you will, but I prefer messenger type bags over backpacks. I have a Tom Bihn Ristretto for iPad/Netbooks (Black/Steel) coming in this week (hopefully tomorrow) http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/300/TB0222.

I also think the Timbuk2 Classic Messenger XS is a nice fit for the iPad. This will be my fallback bag if I don't end up liking the Tom Bihn (Tom Bihn has a generous return policy/window, 60 days).

Brammy

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2008
Just man up and get a messenger bag. If anyone gives you **** about a "man purse" kick him in the nuts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.