Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Apr 12, 2010, 04:19 PM   #1
Dingo Dave 69
macrumors regular

iCal creating duplicate entries

Over the past few days I have noticed if I add something in to my calendar then leave it a few hours it duplicates itself. Sometimes its two things named the same thing on the same day and other times its the day before or after I created the entry. Has anyone else noticed this or had this happen to them?
Dingo Dave 69 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2010, 10:31 PM   #2
angemon89
macrumors 68000

What's your setup like? How many macs/iPhones do you sync, etc?

I've never ran into this problem personally.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 08:34 AM   #3
Damian1971
macrumors newbie

same problem

Im experiencing exactly the same problem.

It only happens if I add an entry on my iphone - then it appears 4-5 times in the cloud.

Two iphones are linked to the same cloud.

Any ideas?

D
Damian1971 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2010, 10:03 PM   #4
Kahalu'u Bob
Contributor

If you have an iPhone set to synch to MobileMe and also to a computer, it can cause this. Here is an Apple support link:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3677

Don't know if that is your problem or not, but it has happened to me a couple of times. Some of the setting are not intuitive to me, and I always need to go back to this to review. Good luck!
Kahalu'u Bob is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2010, 09:51 AM   #5
Dave C
macrumors newbie

Experiencing multiple calendar entries in Ical

Hi,i am desperate to cure this problem,i have a 27" Imac connected to a time capsule through a BT hub,throughout the rest of the house i wirelessly use a Macbookpro connecting to the TC,both back up to the TC no problem and also an iphone4 all synced through MobileMe.
I use Ical a lot and have encountered a most irritating problem where i am not just getting double or quadruple calendar entries but up to 80!!! appearing in the sidebar view on the ical page on both machines,i "think" it all stems from syncing the iphone4 which i have only had a month
Also i have an idea that having checked boxes on the iphone sync page for contacts AND Icalendars has created this mess
Desperate to try something i decided to restore my TC to factory thinking IT may have contributed to things but the problem remains!
Both Imac AND MBP are struggling to open Ical and generate "slow running script errors " whilst loading
Any ideas please?
Dave C is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services