Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reptiledude4

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2009
Hi,
I recently bought a 32GB wifi iPad, only to find when I got home that the lock button fell off. So I returned it for a new one, but before opening it, I saw the prices that iPads were going for on eBay. So I listed it at $800, and was wondering, if I buy a 64 GB+3G, will the 3G work in Canada? Will the Canadian models and the US models operate on the same bands?

Thanks

avaloncourt

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2007
The only problem you are going to run into is finding a microSIM. There are no Canadian carriers on the MicroSIM carrier list. You would have to cut down a regular SIM. Have fun.

skubish

macrumors 68030
Feb 2, 2005
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Hi,
I recently bought a 32GB wifi iPad, only to find when I got home that the lock button fell off. So I returned it for a new one, but before opening it, I saw the prices that iPads were going for on eBay. So I listed it at $800, and was wondering, if I buy a 64 GB+3G, will the 3G work in Canada? Will the Canadian models and the US models operate on the same bands?

Thanks

Yes ATT, Rogers, Telus, and Bell all use the same 3G bands.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.