Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Apr 14, 2010, 06:25 AM   #1
ascender
macrumors 65816

Send a message via MSN to ascender Send a message via Yahoo to ascender
Any way to combine podcast titles in iTunes?

For some reason when my iTunes library was corrupted, its split-up podcasts in to multiple parts.

So instead of just having "Podcast A" with episodes 10-1, I'll have "Podcast A" with some random 5 episodes, then another "Podcast A" with some other random episodes, some duplicates and some showing as new despite being downloaded already under the first instance of "Podcast A".

Is there any way to combine duplicate podcasts at their top level to get rid of all the mess?

Thanks
ascender is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2011, 07:22 PM   #2
Hoopsflynn
macrumors newbie

It would be nice if Mac / iTunes would make these simple issues... SIMPLE!!!

I have the same problem. Seems like this should be a no-brainer -- "drag and drop" -- end of story... BUT NO!!! I have been searching the internet looking for answers and I feel like I am getting no-place, fast. The following are the suggestions I have found and the actions I took:

- Delete the podcasts and re-subscribe... I tried this and it did not resolve the issue for me.

- Select all the podcasts in question, enter the "Get Info" window, and modify all the fields so they are consistent across the podcasts in question... I tried this and it did not resolve the issue for me.

- Make backups of all music/media files, delete iTunes, re-install iTunes, then re-subscribe to the podcast... Have not done this as I have already wasted a huge amount of time on an issue so trivial that we should not even be having to post these questions and/or conducting an exhaustive internet-based research project.

- One person wrote, "Who cares if the podcasts are in the same folder, as long as they downloaded you can still listen to them"... True, but I am a little anal and like to be organized, so this answer did not resolve the issue for me.

That's pretty much what I have come across so far - In other words, I have still not come across a meaningful answer.

If anyone out there is able to assist, I would be thankful.
Hoopsflynn is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store