Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hitchophilia

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 24, 2010
So, I'm checking the due date of my 17 inch and I see this....

11c785x.jpg

Anyone else find they now have an i7 for i5 price? :D

Hitchophilia

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 24, 2010
Don't say a word, hope you're lucky.

Should I delete the post before an apple rep makes an example out of me?

I'm hoping the i7 doesn't kill the battery life. Both are 35w parts but then there's that pesky 8 to 9 hours debate. I'm hoping for closer to 9 than 8.

Aboo

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2008
See I could have sworn that the 17" MBP, when released yesterday came with the i7 as standard but when I checked the site at around 11 am, it said i5. Maybe it is going to be corrected? In any case be happy OP for the upgrade. I just hope they dont bill your card for the difference in price.

Hitchophilia

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 24, 2010
I just hope they dont bill your card for the difference in price.

Unit price is still the same.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for any upgrade. Just wanted to check if apple had upgraded the specifications generally. The web site still says i5.

gadgetfreaky

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2007
It might be because you've got a bit of a delay there on the antiglare. maybe they upgraded it to be nice since the 620s don't cost much more anyway. if so...nice.

Aboo

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2008
Unit price is still the same.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for any upgrade. Just wanted to check if apple had upgraded the specifications generally. The web site still says i5.

That's awesome! Apple doesn't usually upgrade anything unless you ask them to, and even then they usually charge you. There are exceptions, for instance if you are getting a system replaced by Apple and you have an older model, then they "upgrade" you to the most recent model.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.