Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

122925-15_17_mbp_2010.jpg

Apple yesterday released MacBook Pro Software Update 1.3, bringing improved graphics stability and other bug fixes to the company's new 15" and 17" MacBook Pro models released yesterday.
This update is recommended for all 15-inch and 17-inch MacBook Pro mid 2010 models and contains improvements for graphics stability for high-performance video and gaming applications as well as various bug fixes.
The update weighs in at 258.32 MB and requires Mac OS X 10.6.3, which comes preinstalled on all affected machines.

Article Link: Apple Releases Software Update for New 15-Inch and 17-Inch MacBook Pros

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
I'm at work right now but could someone download the package and examine the contents? I'm just curious to see what it contains. Thanks! :D

bcb23

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2009
Scottsdale, AZ
Excellent. I ordered my new 17inch i7 yesterday, so I am hoping it is relatively bug-free when it arrives. I am anxious to see what they have done with it.

moo083

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
That was fast. I wonder what exactly was missed.

My guess is that it has something to do with the auto-graphics card switching. That is probably the biggest change that had more of Apple's hand directly in the creation of the technology.

Hey, I wonder if Bootcamp drivers support that. Probably not....I guess I'll see in a few days when I get my 15" Core i7!

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
My guess is that it has something to do with the auto-graphics card switching. That is probably the biggest change that had more of Apple's hand directly in the creation of the technology.

Hey, I wonder if Bootcamp drivers support that. Probably not....I guess I'll see in a few days when I get my 15" Core i7!
Most of the updates are in for extensions. Quicktime Player and Photo Booth see updates as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.