Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coelacanth

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 19, 2004
Still trying to decide between Wifi and 3G models. (Got 16 GB Wifi on day one)

I don't see much of 3G use on iPad, but I'm thinking "just in case" as probably many of us are. For example, I might need to download a file and edit, then upload/email when I'm on the road.

Now, are there apps that I can install on both iPhone and iPad, transfer files via bluetooth (not Wifi)? I think that will cover most of my potencial 3G needs on iPad.

coelacanth

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 19, 2004
Looks like Bluetooth Photo Share can share photos via bluetooth, but I couldn't get it to work between my iPhone 3GS and iPad.

MobileStudio let you transfer files, but it's strictly viewer and can't open files in native apps like Pages.

I hope GoodReader gains bluetooth sharing at some point...

christall109

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2007
Have there been any apps released since April that can no do this?

Can Air Sharing? I can't seem to find a straight answer for this question anywhere.

arctic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2008
I don't have an answer but perhaps it'll easier for others to help if you can specify which type of files you have in mind.

Outrigger

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2008
Looks like Bluetooth Photo Share can share photos via bluetooth, but I couldn't get it to work between my iPhone 3GS and iPad.

it works find on my ip4 and my ipad. what sucks is that its only one at a time and its slow, but bluetooth has very limited bandwidth. I bought photo transfer and you can transfer to and from any idevice as well as computers up to 50 pics at a time, but you have to be on the same network as its wifi only.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.