Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

azboricua

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 5, 2009
Arizona
Hi guys,

I just wanted to share pictures and my thoughts on the Simplism Flip Leather case. I just got it about an hour ago in the camel color and I am really in love with it. Construction looks amazing, materials (real leather) feel really sturdy and durable, fit is perfect. It protects the iPad really well yet all ports are still accessible without any problems. It has compartments on the inside for papers or business cards. Below are pictures and links you may need. Please feel free to ask any questions. The case is available in Black, White, Camel and Red.

A few easy and fast answers, no it does not have a stand for typing or watching movies.

Rest of my pictures (High Quality): LINK

I bought it here: LINK

Manufacturer's Website: http://simplism.jp

A few pictures:

DSC_0082-1.jpg

DSC_0107-1.jpg

DSC_0092-1.jpg

DSC_0090-1.jpg

DSC_0088-1.jpg

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Mar 25, 2010
That looks really nice and professional, very business like.

By the way, where in AZ are you?

iKwick7

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2004
The Wood of Spots, NJ
I saw a post about this case in another thread (maybe it was your post?).

I definitely want a "folio" style case and this looks great. I'm just waiting to see pricing on the Happy Ownl case (which looks AMAZING).

If the price is fair, I'm definitely getting the "wallet deluxe." If it's overpriced, I'll be getting the same case you have. :)

http://www.happyowlstudio.com/

8338713_orig.jpg

Lenow

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2007
Beautiful Folio: Question on Foldback

This is a beautiful folio. Good luck with it. Does it fold behind itself so you can use the iPad like holding a book? Also, it seems that when it is closed, from your side picture, there is a gap between the screen and the closing side? How is the screen protected when it is closed and what is sitting against the screen? I am also waiting for Happy Owl because I want a space for my MiFi card. I take it the Mifi card will not fit in the inside pockets of yours?

azboricua

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 5, 2009
Arizona
This is a beautiful folio. Good luck with it. Does it fold behind itself so you can use the iPad like holding a book? Also, it seems that when it is closed, from your side picture, there is a gap between the screen and the closing side? How is the screen protected when it is closed and what is sitting against the screen? I am also waiting for Happy Owl because I want a space for my MiFi card. I take it the Mifi card will not fit in the inside pockets of yours?

1) Yes it does fold back like a book.

2) There is about a 1/4 inch gap between the screen and the lid.

3) No space for Mifi.

MadDog31

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2007
Happy Owl's "Wallet" is incredible...I wonder where I can find some reviews on that, because it could be moving up on my list of possibilities. I want something that protects on the go, but is also easy in taking the iPad out for some naked use.

Thanks for sharing this. I've never worked so hard to find a case solution...ugh...as lame as that sounds, I want to do it right the first time.

T

The Toddfather

I think I'm missing something, where is the link on their page to purchase?

hugodrax

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2007
This stitching leaves a lot to be desired. Obvious chinese workmanship evident.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.