Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Product Recommendations/Reviews

Old Sep 21, 2004, 08:07 AM   #1
ahmadof
macrumors member

networking HP priters

i'm looking to buy a color laser printer and the HPs look pretty good. Does anyone have any expereince using one of these in a mixed PC/ Mac setting? How easy is it to network? compatible with airport base station. also anyone have experience with their wireless printers? thanks
ahmadof is offline   0
Old Sep 21, 2004, 08:22 AM   #2
JFreak
macrumors 68040

i have an ancient hp (b&w) laserjet 2100tn which has network server installed, and it works flawlessly in both mac and pc networks, or a mixed network, either way. i also had a hp deskjet 5850 that had both ethernet and airport network servers (only one active at network possible, not both simultaneoulsy) and that too worked like a charm.

hp network printers rock! i can't use the usb connection anymore...
Old Sep 21, 2004, 07:51 PM   #3
patrick0brien
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to patrick0brien Send a message via Yahoo to patrick0brien
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadof
i'm looking to buy a color laser printer and the HPs look pretty good. Does anyone have any expereince using one of these in a mixed PC/ Mac setting? How easy is it to network? compatible with airport base station. also anyone have experience with their wireless printers? thanks
-ahmadof

Works fine with an AEBS or AEx station in the USB port. Prints for anybody who wants to use it PC or Mac. And the money you save on the non-networked HP is more than enough for a base station.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Product Recommendations/Reviews