Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Apr 16, 2010, 02:39 AM   #1
Xtacyz
macrumors newbie

iPhone 3gs LCD flex cable 1 repair

First of all, I would like to say that I'm new to this, and I'm very impressed with all the information I can aquire here. I am an iPhone 3gs user, and I recently opened up my iPhone, only to break my LCD flex cable 1 connector. I also broke a piece of the holder of the pcb, but its nothing serious. I believe that I need a replacement of the LCD cable flex. I've tried connecting my friends LCD to my iPhone, and everything works great. Although I don't want to buy a brand new LCD, since mine is fine. The gray metal connector fell off and I need a replacement, so I can connect it to the motherboard. Where do you suggest me to buy the parts? Is there a tutorial or guide on how to attach a new LCD flex cable to an lcd? Thank you.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b5...Z/7ea1e445.jpg

this is what I need to replace.
Xtacyz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2010, 04:14 AM   #2
kAoTiX
macrumors 6502

This part is soldered on when the LCD is made in the factory. I would highly doubt anyone would be able to re-solder this piece back on.
You are better off buying a new LCD, you say yours is ok but...it doesn't have a connector lol

Check eBay for genuine OEM LCDs to avoid dissapointment but be warned, they aren't cheap. I get them direct from the manufacturer and I know the markup on these parts on eBay.

Good luck.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 05:16 AM   #3
dellconn
macrumors newbie

iphone flex cable 1 repair

I have same problem here. My iphone screen goes white after LCD replacement. It working at first, but then goes bright with scanlines and now its completely white. Found replacement part on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT, but i dont know how to install it. Even the seller told me not to buy this part, and suggest me to buy full lcd assembly.
Im curious how to attach the flex pin into lcd glass and have been seekin around for clues but cant found any. I think its only flex cable connection problem. If you found anything please let me know..
dellconn is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone