Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bunger

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 1, 2007
Just curious what everyone thinks the most gorgeous and fun game is on the iPad....

Travisimo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2009
Plants VS Zombies

It's gorgeous. It's fun. It's deep and engaging.

And it's BETTER with touch, so it's MADE for the iPad.

bluehaze013

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2007
Real Racing, Worms is cool too but not jaw dropping. The Sam n Max game is the most jaw dropping gorgeous though out of pretty much all the games so far.

Zethca

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2007
For 2D: Plants VS Zombies definitely. My favorite all around

3D: real racing in my experience, but Ive only purchased a few.

Compile 'em all

macrumors 601
Apr 6, 2005
isnt Mirrors Edge supposed to look pretty good? (havent seen it myself)

Just out of curiosity, what is the purpose this post?

Are you recommending a game you haven't played or just asking? Why would you ask in a thread that is actually requesting recommendations?

Sometimes I wonder why I keep coming to back these forums. :eek:

shady825

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2008
Area 51
Just out of curiosity, what is the purpose this post?

Are you recommending a game you haven't played or just asking? Why would you ask in a thread that is actually requesting recommendations?

Sometimes I wonder why I keep coming to back these forums. :eek:

From what I saw on YouTube it looked pretty good. But Like I said I havent seen it myself. Meaning in person. I've also seen other say that game looked good. I was just bringing it up into the discussion.

Just out of curiosity, what is the purpose of YOUR post!?

MythicFrost

macrumors 68040
Mar 11, 2009
Australia
N.O.V.A HD is great, Asphalt 5, Real Racing, CoD WaW, Fieldrunners, Low Grav Racer 2, Dungeon Hunter HD (although the graphics aren't that improved)

bluehaze013

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2007
isnt Mirrors Edge supposed to look pretty good? (havent seen it myself)

Looks pretty good, ain't no Sam n Max though! It looked pretty outdated on the Pc as well though so can't really expect it to be a showcase game on the iPad.

bluehaze013

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2007
From what I saw on YouTube it looked pretty good. But Like I said I havent seen it myself. Meaning in person. I've also seen other say that game looked good. I was just bringing it up into the discussion.

Just out of curiosity, what is the purpose of YOUR post!?

He's a troll, pay him no mind and he might go away ;)

ClaireL

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2010
New Jersey
MythicFrost said:
N.O.V.A HD is great, Asphalt 5, Real Racing, CoD WaW, Fieldrunners, Low Grav Racer 2, Dungeon Hunter HD (although the graphics aren't that improved)

Since you have COD Zombies for iPad, is it really very laggy as I've read about?

drjsway

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2009
Real Racing, Worms is cool too but not jaw dropping. The Sam n Max game is the most jaw dropping gorgeous though out of pretty much all the games so far.

I second Sam and Max. Best looking game in the iPad to date. Much better than Real Racing.

And yes, it's really fun if you like adventure games (like the old LucasArts games).

bunger

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 1, 2007
Great thread so far! I don't have many games on my iPad yet and saw screenshots of the geometry game, which looked really nice. So I was curious what other games take full advantage of the ipad's gorgeous screen...

Staindsoul

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2010
Texas
It's not a game but Eyewitness shows off the beauty of pictures on the iPad. And it's free. Worth a check out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.