Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Thats why you never hit the "Erase All Content and Settings"
Now you might be stuck with no option besides restoring to 3.1.3 and losing both your JB and unlock.
If you have your shshs saved thru Cydias server you could restore to 3.1.2 and then JB and unlock again.
If you dont have your SHSHs backed up you will not be able to restore to anything but 3.1.3
Next time do some more research before attempting anything like that on an unlocked and JB 3GS.

fredwithiphone

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2010
What's with people doing "erase all?"

You need to get your phone in DFU mode (see my sig). Good luck.

Please help. What do I do after I put it into DFU mode? I do not want to restore my phone with itunes since they will update my firmware to 3.1.3. I still can not get my iphone to work.

fredwithiphone

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2010
See the post above yours. You are stuck with going to 3.1.3.

Aggie

For my case, I did not do any erase.

I simply have the apple logo stuck on my iphone and can not get past this. I tried a number of the Home + Power button scenarios. I am having no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
The erase doesn't matter for you, but you're still in the same state as the OP. Do you have a tethered jailbreak? If so, you rejailbreak to get past having to restore. If not tethered, you have to have the shsh blobs saved or you're stuck going to 3.1.3.

fredwithiphone

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2010
The erase doesn't matter for you, but you're still in the same state as the OP. Do you have a tethered jailbreak? If so, you rejailbreak to get past having to restore. If not tethered, you have to have the shsh blobs saved or you're stuck going to 3.1.3.

I have blackra1n but do not know if this is a tethered jailbreak.
I have put my phone into recovery mode and run blackra1n. It shows the front screen from blackra1n on my iphone. Ideas or am I stuck?

If I do to 3.1.3, can I jailbreak. I hear others say no. I see software (with fees) say yes. Any ideas

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I have blackra1n but do not know if this is a tethered jailbreak.
I have put my phone into recovery mode and run blackra1n. It shows the front screen from blackra1n on my iphone. Ideas or am I stuck?

If I do to 3.1.3, can I jailbreak. I hear others say no. I see software (with fees) say yes. Any ideas

If you update to 3.1.3 you will not be able to JB.
Dont fall for sites claiming that they can JB a 3.1.3 3GS. Its a scam, dont fall for it.

fredwithiphone

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2010
If you update to 3.1.3 you will not be able to JB.
Dont fall for sites claiming that they can JB a 3.1.3 3GS. Its a scam, dont fall for it.

Thanks for the warning on the 3.1.3.

Okay I ran blackra1n and waited for it to reboot again. (This time with iTunes closed). I am having the same issue. It is stuck with the apple logo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.