Windows 7 on a Macbook Pro Trackpad/etc. Drivers - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Apr 17, 2010, 01:43 AM   #1
yoo992
macrumors newbie

Windows 7 on a Macbook Pro Trackpad/etc. Drivers

I used to have windows XP on my macbook for the last year, but I recently upgraded to windows 7. I installed the video drivers, sound, etc. All the windows hardware drivers are installed.

The problem I'm having is with the apple hardware on my computer. Components such as the multi-touch trackpad, the sound control on the F10/F11, the eject button right above the delete button, and the brightness control on the F4/F5 do not work! Overall, the trackpad (Macbook Pro Mousepad) is the most urgent thing I need to fix. I can't right click without the multitouch trackpad!

I'm guessing that it is some macbook hardware drivers I'm missing. I've been looking on google for the longest time and can't find anything. I do not have the leopard or OSX operating system CD. (A forum on google recommended that the operating system cd for mac will fix it..)

This computer was given to me with windows XP already on it, and I don't know how the installed it.

I really need this fixed ASAP; if anyone knows of any drivers or solutions, please let me know!

Thanks in advance!!!
yoo992 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2010, 10:55 AM   #2
andrew086
macrumors regular

Do you have any of these MacBook Pros?
MacBook Pro (15-inch, Early 2006)
MacBook Pro (17-inch, Late 2006)
MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2006)
MacBook Pro (17-inch, Early 2006)

If you do, those aren't supported.
andrew086 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2010, 11:22 AM   #3
yoo992
macrumors newbie

My laptop is 15".. but I'm not sure if it was the 2006/2007 versians.

Is there any way to check?

If they were.. I'm completely screwed?
yoo992 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac