Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chiefroastbeef

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas/ Hong Kong
Hello guys,

I've used the Logitech Trackman Optical Cordless until it broke on me, it work very well and I loved it. Using a regular mouse, even the ergonomic MX 1100 causes me great wrist pain. I plan on buying another Logitech Trackman, but I am just wondering if you guys know whether Logitech may ever come out with a new and better version? I think a small bluetooth receiver and a tilt scroll wheel, perhaps an extra button would make the optical cordless Trackman a trackball to DIE for! I don't know where else to ask but here, so thanks!

ref=dp_image_0

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
Try LogitechRumors ;)

I doubt anyone on here has insider information on Logitech's future offerings.

chiefroastbeef

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas/ Hong Kong
I.. feel.. so.. stupid.. for.. trying.. to.. go.. to.. logitechrumors.com... :p:p

Well, I'm probably going to buy another trackman tomorrow, but man would it be sweet if it had a tilt wheel with smooth scroll... wow, so sweet... Too bad no one uses trackballs..

pilot1226

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2010
USA
I'm not sure what it's called, but on my Windows PC I use a Logitech Trackball that uses a thumb-ball and has three or four buttons and also has a scroll wheel.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/mice_pointers/trackballs

There it is, the wired version.

I was a little leary of the thumb ball as opposed to manipulating the ball with your finger(s), but after about a week I was hooked, I won't use a regular trackball now if I can help it.

nanofrog

macrumors G4
May 6, 2008
I'm not sure what it's called, but on my Windows PC I use a Logitech Trackball that uses a thumb-ball and has three or four buttons and also has a scroll wheel.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/mice_pointers/trackballs

There it is, the wired version.

I was a little leary of the thumb ball as opposed to manipulating the ball with your finger(s), but after about a week I was hooked, I won't use a regular trackball now if I can help it.
The thumb operated models are the best I've ever used (have 2), but the finger operated units and regular mice cause me pain.

The current design has been around awhile (my favorite is still the original, as it has a larger palm size that fit me the best).

chiefroastbeef

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas/ Hong Kong
I've heard great things about this one, but it doesn't have enough buttons, I am so used to having backward, forward, expose, and desktop buttons right at my finger tips. :)

Thanks guys, I will get another trackmal cordless optical, man I miss it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.