Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Old Apr 20, 2010, 03:26 PM   #1
sr1nath
macrumors newbie

AEBS as WDS to extend network

I have a Linksys WRT610n dual-band router connected to Cable modem. I have a desktop connected through ethernet and some wireless clients. This main router is setup in office room upstairs. Everything works fine here.

In my family room downstairs, I have the entertainment center which includes PS3, HTPC, Bluray player. I would like to connect all these devices via ethernet to a WDS-enabled router, in turn to main router. I know, some of these devices have built-in wireless client, but I want to use the ethernet port.

My question is, can I purchase a Airport Extreme Base station for this purpose? I want the AEBS to connect to my existing router over wireless and provide internet connection to these devices through ethernet. I believe it is called WDS. Can AEBS be configured in WDS mode to connect to non-Apple branded router?
sr1nath is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2010, 11:46 AM   #2
sr1nath
macrumors newbie

Anyone?
sr1nath is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals