Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Apr 21, 2010, 07:36 PM   #1
myjay610
macrumors regular

Open Directory - Anonymous directory searching

Hi all,
I am helping someone set up 10.5.8 server for their small business. Right now it is running as an OD master and we want to use OD for a global address book, and eventually authentication for other services. We've set up OD and populated some users/contacts on it, right now we are using 10.6 machines as test clients. We are able to bind via authentication OK via directory utility but right now we just want to use Address Book to connect directly to the OD to search entries and this does not work correctly. Under address book if you supply the Name, Server, Port, and search base using no authentication it works fine. However, when trying to use 'simple' authentication and using uid=username,cn=users,dc=server,dc=local as the username and the appropriate password does not work. In the server logs you only see an 'invalid dn' error. Also I don't seem to see an option to disallow anonymous searching....is that even an option via server admin or workgroup manager?
myjay610 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking