Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gavbo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2010
Hi guys,

I have been using a problem free JB/unlocked 3gs (pwnaged then blackra1n unlock) for the last 2months, until it decided to freeze up completely and upon restart it will stay an the pineapple logo.

I re pwnage it - no problem there, the problem is when I reboot after installing blackra1n unlocking via cydia to complete the unlocking process. It will get stuck at the pineapple logo and sometime after around 10 minutes or so it will go continue to the home screen (very painful wait and dont happen everytime)

I have also tried installing the unlocking files manually (unlocking without wifi) and got the same results. I have also re downloaded the 3.1.2 firmware, rebuilded the custom firmware and copied the unlocking files (for manual installing unlock) again to ensure no files are corrupted.

I have also tested the reboot again and again after pwnaged to ensure it have no problem rebooting. Also tired using Both PC and Mac with the same results.

Any ideas guys? Is there another unlocking method I could used instead?

Spec - 32GB 3GS White - 3.1.2 - Old boot rom

Thanks in advances.

Gavbo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2010
Thanks for your input Applejuiced,

I have tried installing custom 3.1.2 IPSW via itune (thats what you mean right?) but the issue is with unlocking it with blackra1n.

Regards Gav

Gavbo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2010
Thanks for that!! I am sure thats the problem and solution!!

Will try it out tonight.

The funny thing is that I actually seen that acticle before when I will doing the unlocking 3gs research couple of months back (before having this problem). :rolleyes:

Thanks again

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.