Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dammit Cubs

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 31, 2007
I'm curious how many people bought the Apple wireless bluetooth keyboards for the Ipad. I just picked on up but I was getting used to the landscape keyboard. It's just anything past 2 paragraphs and your hand starts to cramp. I got pretty fast with the Ipad using the autocorrect to fix my mistakes.

But I wanted to get a wireless keyboard so I can carry it for travel. I thought the Apple Docked keyboard was a waste considering that if I didn't want to use my wireless keyboard for my Ipad, I could use it for my Macbook.

How do you guys like the wireless keyboard on the Ipad?

edit: it's not really for the Ipad, just happens to be compatible with all bluetooth keyboards.

eTip

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2009
I have the Apple BT keyboard. I did not purchase it specifically for my iPad but was about to sell it on eBay when I realized I could use it with my iPad and kept it. I have used it a couple times to test it out but really don't see myself using it that frequently. Most of my iPad use has been on the couch (where if i need a keyboard, it's faster and easier to use my laptop) or out and about (when I don't have the keyboard with me). Now if I end up traveling a lot or bringing my iPad to work - I could see the keyboard getting more use. I guess it all comes down to how you use the device. I do see the keyboard dock as very limiting. I don't see myself needing a dock for the iPad since I find myself wanting to switch between portrait & landscape far more often than I would with my iPhone.

Dammit Cubs

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 31, 2007
I have the Apple BT keyboard. I did not purchase it specifically for my iPad but was about to sell it on eBay when I realized I could use it with my iPad and kept it. I have used it a couple times to test it out but really don't see myself using it that frequently. Most of my iPad use has been on the couch (where if i need a keyboard, it's faster and easier to use my laptop) or out and about (when I don't have the keyboard with me). Now if I end up traveling a lot or bringing my iPad to work - I could see the keyboard getting more use. I guess it all comes down to how you use the device. I do see the keyboard dock as very limiting. I don't see myself needing a dock for the iPad since I find myself wanting to switch between portrait & landscape far more often than I would with my iPhone.

as of right now, i have been using Max Journal App so every day I have been typing about 1000 words on my ipad using the ipad. which is why i got so good at typing on it. but there are times when my typing on the Ipad has caused me to keep backspacing because of the small errors i keep making including the constant accidentally hitting spacebar.

What I am I hope will happen is that tumblr and other blog sites will have some updated apps to use the ipad during blogging. I am currently typing on the bluetooth keyboard right now. I feel a bit distant from my Ipad because I'm using a wireless keyboard to control it. The form factor of the apple wireless keyboard is a big seller, it's one of the smallest keyboards i have seen and so it won't be hard to put it in a bag.

dthmtlgod

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2007
Syracuse, NY
as of right now, i have been using Max Journal App so every day I have been typing about 1000 words on my ipad using the ipad. which is why i got so good at typing on it. but there are times when my typing on the Ipad has caused me to keep backspacing because of the small errors i keep making including the constant accidentally hitting spacebar.

What I am I hope will happen is that tumblr and other blog sites will have some updated apps to use the ipad during blogging. I am currently typing on the bluetooth keyboard right now. I feel a bit distant from my Ipad because I'm using a wireless keyboard to control it. The form factor of the apple wireless keyboard is a big seller, it's one of the smallest keyboards i have seen and so it won't be hard to put it in a bag.

I use my apple BT keyboard that came with my new iMac. Works awesome.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
I use the Apple 2007 BT keyboard (the one with three batteries), which I got shortly after it was introduced, or the keyboard dock or the iPad's own keyboard, depending upon the situation and my mood. Right now I'm typing on the BT keyboard, as it was handy and I know I'll have some long emails to write in a few minutes. I like having the options and choices, but certainly am very pleased with the iPad's own keyboard and have had little difficulty with it. Compared to trying to type on the iPhone, it's a breeze!

onep

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2010
California
Nah I try to stay away from doing work with my iPad, but would be really convenient to have when Im inputting notes for my class. but who would want to carry a keyboard in his back pack for school =.=

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
I use the Apple 2007 BT keyboard (the one with three batteries), which I got shortly after it was introduced, or the keyboard dock or the iPad's own keyboard, depending upon the situation and my mood. Right now I'm typing on the BT keyboard, as it was handy and I know I'll have some long emails to write in a few minutes. I like having the options and choices, but certainly am very pleased with the iPad's own keyboard and have had little difficulty with it. Compared to trying to type on the iPhone, it's a breeze!

I have the same original 3 battery BT keyboard, not sure if there are any other changes to the new one besides 1 less battery. I don't know that I would use it that much, but since I already had it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.