Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Old Apr 22, 2010, 04:32 AM   #1
jsnuff1
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to jsnuff1
Print Wirelessly with Epson Printer???

I just got the Epson workforce 615 and after hours of trying to connect this printer to my airport I give up....

Does anyone have step by step instructions on how to do this??? It just does not want to connect to my airport network no matter what I do. I have downloaded all the drivers/software off the epson site to no avail.
jsnuff1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2010, 05:17 AM   #2
Eddyisgreat
macrumors 601

I have my 615 hooked up to my AE wirelessly with no problems and all security enabled. I do have mac address filtering so I needed to add the printers address to the base station before it would connect but...after that it was fine. I did it all on the printer and then installed the EpsonNet drivers afterward if that helps.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 02:28 AM   #3
jsnuff1
macrumors 6502

the printer itself wont connect to the airport express....how did you get your printer connected...did you do the wireless setup printer or manual?

If manual what steps did you follow?
Old Apr 23, 2010, 03:56 AM   #4
jsnuff1
macrumors 6502

well after a crapload more searching around everywhere finally figured it out (and the tip came from an HP support site...go figure...)

Seems like the only way to connect this printer to the airport is through whats called a WPS setup...so I did this on the printer side (its buried under the advanced WLAN setup) and then had to go to Airport utility and Add Wireless Device under the Base Station menu.

After that was done it finally connected. Cant believe something requiring a setup thats not trivial at all is not included somewhere on the epson site or manual.

I think this will be my last epson printer. Hope this at least helps anyone else under with the same problem.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals