Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lily69

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 4, 2010
My iPhone has latest iBoot version, so JB isn't an option (I read JB is possible however it requires a PC to re-do after a re-boot).
So, no Mywi, right? I also read someone created some wrapper application that you may run Mywi without JB, however, no guide or any download I can find, anyone?

MiFi looks good, but it has 2 problems, if I were to pay 2 3G bills, I'd simply get iPad 3G version; One extra device to brings with and to charge...nay

Bluetooth is the last hope, I think all we know iPad bluetooth do not connect to iPhone, maybe we have to wait iPad JB?

Toooo much haed-ache to figure out a perfect solution. I got so many Apple products, and they can't work together, especially this "no bluetooth tethering from/to iPad" is stupid!

EDIT: OK, I also read this page:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3647

"Supports Bluetooth peer-to-peer connectivity for applications. See this article for additional information. Internet tethering is not supported. "
Wonder if there is a way to create an App to enable the feature. Of course Apple will not allow such an App to distribut in App store, one need a developer account to self sign and install to his own iPad. In theory, this may work, right?

cyberheater

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2010
Near Glasgow
Well, the issue about becoming a developer to put apps on your ipad is that it cost $99 a year.

Not really worth it really.

I'm in the same boat. I've got a iphone 3GS that I stupidly upgraded to 3.1.13 and now I'm waiting for a jailbreak for it. I guess we'll just have to wait.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.