Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

juro

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 11, 2007
Hello guys, need some tips or advise here.

I have a first gen MBA 1.6, and recently (like two days ago) every time I close the lid it shuts down. It doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen more times than it doesn't. Booting it up after, a window tells me a kernel problem has occurred.

Sorry, no real knowledge of the underpinnings of how software works - so if any of you have ever experienced this, or have some tips or diagnoses, I will certainly be thankful for it.

Thanks.

LinMac

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2007
Try the normal debug steps such as reset SMC/NVRAM, repair permissions, clearing caches with Snow Leopard Cache Cleaner or Onyx, or reinstall the OS.

halledise

macrumors 68000
you could also run TechTool Deluxe and see what that reveals to you, but I'd say LinMac's suggestions are the way to go.

That way you'll have a sleek and speedy Air once more and installing SL on a clean skin HDD will show a marked improvement over what you now have ;)

juro

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 11, 2007
Try the normal debug steps such as reset SMC/NVRAM, repair permissions, clearing caches with Snow Leopard Cache Cleaner or Onyx, or reinstall the OS.

Thanks a lot LinMac.

Did all the Onyx cleaning and permissions processes and an SMC reset and that did the thing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.