Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Apr 24, 2010, 07:59 PM   #1
majinoo
macrumors member

Ipad with anti glare flim readable outside?

Hi ,
Il probably buy an Ipad soon but the glare issue -especially outside- is bothering me since this summer , i will be spending one month in the Caribbean outside most of the time.
The ebook reader aspect of the Ipad is really appealing to me given that I wont have a lot of space to carry a lot of books with me.(Of course , I wont buy the Ipad only for the ebooks )
Do you think that with an Anti Glare film ( SGP , Power Support ,etc) I would be able to read books on my Ipad outside in full sunlight ?
majinoo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2010, 08:44 PM   #2
sandydlc
macrumors regular

I'm in Miami beach right now and I had the opportunity to test the iPad next to my Kindle. To be honest, it's no contest. The kindle is by far superior in bright sunlight. The iPad is nearly unreadable unless the brightness is turned on to the highest setting.

I love my iPad but for bright sunlight and reading - get a Kindle!!!

Sandy
sandydlc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2010, 08:52 PM   #3
jedolley
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandydlc View Post
I'm in Miami beach right now and I had the opportunity to test the iPad next to my Kindle. To be honest, it's no contest. The kindle is by far superior in bright sunlight. The iPad is nearly unreadable unless the brightness is turned on to the highest setting.

I love my iPad but for bright sunlight and reading - get a Kindle!!!

Sandy
I don't doubt that the Kindle is superior to the iPad in sunlight (I used to own one). However, do you have an anti-glare film on your iPad and if so, which one?
jedolley is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2010, 09:46 PM   #4
MyJelleo
macrumors 6502

I have the Power Support Anti Glare screen protector on my iPhone and I have no trouble reading in direct sunlight on it. I'm going to assume you should get the same results on an iPad. I hope that helps.
MyJelleo is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories