Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Apr 25, 2010, 07:01 PM   #1
NBarnes21
macrumors member

iPhone 3G keeps saying "No SIM" even though I have the SIM in, help?

My iPhone 3G keeps displaying "No SIM" out of nowhere, even though the SIM is still in there. It started happening about a month ago and would only occasionally happen, it's always fixed by doing a hard reset. However, it's been happening more and more lately, sometimes a few times a day.

I've also taken the SIM out and dusted it off to make sure there wasn't a bad connection, but to me it seems like that wouldn't be the issue if it's fixed by doing a hard reset.

Anyone had this issue? Anyone found a solution? I just need it to last a couple more months till the new model comes out, don't want to have to replace it yet.
NBarnes21 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2010, 07:06 PM   #2
siurpeeman
macrumors 603

Send a message via AIM to siurpeeman
it happened to me when i first got the iphone 3g. doing a reset would fix it at first, but it kept coming back and more frequently, too. an apple genius told me the sim tray was loose, and he replaced my phone on the spot. is your phone still under warranty?
Old Apr 25, 2010, 07:14 PM   #3
NBarnes21
macrumors member

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately it's not under warranty anymore, I've had it almost 2 years. So maybe replacing the SIM tray would fix it?
NBarnes21 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting